Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Harry Turtledove, author of Joe Steele.
- The Coode Street Podcast interviews Silvia Moreno-Garcia, author of Signal to Noise.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Pat Kelleher, author of No Man’s World.
- News.com interviews J.J. Abrams, director of Star Wars: Episode VII.
- The Qwillery interviews Mark Andrew Ferguson, author of The Lost Boys Symphony.
- USA Today interviews Lisa T. Bergren and Heather Sunseri, author of Season of Fire and Emerge, respectively.
- The candidates for the Science Fiction Poetry Association’s 2015 Rhysling Award have been announced. It’s not too late to join and cast your vote!
- CERN is investigating the existence of parallel universes. Clearly they didn’t see Fringe.
- Curiosity Just Found A Key Component For Life On Mars. Nope, not beer.
- Glenn Close and Gemma Arterton to Star in The Girl with All the Gifts Movie
- Guillermo del Toro will publish his first children’s book TROLLHUNTERS
- Stephen King Demands Apology From Maine Gov. Paul LePage Over Tax Accusations.
- Steven Spielberg To Direct Sci-Fi Cult Favorite Ready Player One
Events & Event News
- FANTASTIC FICTION at KGB reading series, hosts James Morrow and Ken Liu April 15th, 7pm at KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.) in New York City.
- Chaos of Cthulhu – Using a damaged Necronomicon, players summon mismatched Old Ones to clash in a dice battle of unspeakable horrors.
- Tribes of Kai by Daren Bader and Lance HaunRogue – A simple spark sets in motion a power struggle ablaze in conflict. Fully painted by Daren Bader and written by Lance HaunRogue!
- Book Review: Paul Di Filippo calls Jill Ciment’s Act of God “a compact, droll farce, light-hearted and pleasurable as a chocolate truffle, yet with a nugget of hard, somewhat unpalatable truths in the center” just like my Grandma’s candies.
- 1book140: Vote for a Science-Fiction Book to Read in April
- 6 Tips for Finding a Good Science-Fiction Book [via Paul Di Filippo]
- 10 Great TV Shows That Re-Write Time & Reality
- 15 Facts about the X Files That Aren’t True
- 40 Things We Learned on the Set of Terminator: Genisys
- Charles Yu is a Genius (user) in new fiction at Electric Literature
- Five Books that Twist History Until it Begs for Mercy
- The future of Fitzsimmons. Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker speak to CBR about that state of their characters and their relationship or lack thereof.
- Here’s a writing prompt: Lava tubes on Moon could be huge enough to hold cities.
- In the ’90s, Star Wars fans were grateful for these toys.
- In the Future, All Movies Will Be Lego Movies, and I’m completely okay with that.
- In Defense Of Short Fiction (Not That I Need To Defend It, Because It’s Awesome)
- The L.A. Times remembers Flannery O’Connor, avatar of the Southern grotesque.
- The Must-Watch Anime of Spring 2015, according to The Nerdist.
- One of the writers of Lost attempts to answer the question—did they know what they were doing, or did they make it up as they went along?
- Read the first editorial from the first science fiction magazine
- Stellar Four: Guest Post: Steampunk Fashion for Ladies and Gents
- Want more creepy, swampy, tendrilly fiction? Here are ten books that influenced Jeff VanderMeer’s Southern Reach Trilogy!
- Why Six Figure Advances Will Destroy the Publishing Industry
- William Gibson On His Rejected X-Files Pitch
- Avatar artist crafts sculptures from pure technology
- This awesomely terrifying, yet somehow still tantalizing Weyland-Yutani Chestburster Creme Egg is the work of Ghoulia Childs, who excels at combining horror films with food.
More Fun Stuff
- “Attack on Titan’s” Colossal Titan Comes to Life in Augmented Reality
- Ben Salisbury And Portishead’s Geoff Barrow Discuss Their Score For EX MACHINA
- Can You Handle This Scientifically Accurate PINKY AND THE BRAIN Cartoon?
- Flash’s Jesse L. Martin releases a beautiful gospel cover of the Firefly theme song. This was done to thank Joss for his donation to his Kickstarter for the musical short film, “The Letter Carrier.”
- A Highly Scientific* Analysis of GRRM’s Progress On The Winds of Winter
- Jane Goodall Talks About Her Belief In Yetis In This Animated Interview
- Prospective ISIS Militants Lurking Near Tunisian Star Wars Set
- Read an excerpt from The Memory Painter by Gwendolyn Womack at Tor.com.
- Read the short story “Dog” by Bruce McAllister at Tor.com.
- See a New Nova with the Naked Eye in Sagittarius
- This Epic Rap Battle Between Hodor And Groot Is Gloriously Silly
- Watch a trailer for the Arnold Schwarzenegger zombie thriller Maggie.
- Watch a trailer for Orphan Black: Tatiana Maslany goes to war.
- Wear A TIE Fighter On Your Finger With These Awesome Rings
- We Should Be Able To Detect Spaceships Moving Near The Speed Of Light