Interviews & Profiles
- Den of Geek interviews Gillian Anderson, star of Robot Overlords.
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Tee Morris, author of The Diamond Conspiracy: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel.
- MovieMaker interviews David Robert Mitchell, director of It Follows.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Glen Erik Hamilton, author of Past Crimes.
- Michael Chabon and Neil Gaiman discuss their love of the late Terry Pratchett.
- The Qwillery interviews C. T. Adams, author of The Exile.
- ScienceFiction.com interviews Ania Ahlborn, author of Within These Walls.
- SFFWorld interviews Gregory Lamberson, author of Human Monsters.
- Boeing patents sci-fi force field that deflects explosive shock waves
- Mark Millar’s acclaimed, new sci-fi comic Chrononauts headed to the big screen
- Neill Blomkamp and Simon Kinberg developing acclaimed sci-fi short The Leviathan
- Omni Reboot stirs controversy by opening for submissions with a contract that demands a permanent copyright transfer without first establishing a payrate. When confronted on Twitter, they seemed to dodge the question of pay altogether.
Events & Event News
- Take a Trip “Beyond the World of ‘Interstellar’” in Select U.S. Cinemas on April 7 Only. Tickets for “Beyond the World of ‘Interstellar’” can be purchased online by visiting FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices.
- DOC UNKNOWN: THE WAR FOR GATE CITY – The third and final volume of supernatural pulp series DOC UNKNOWN. Doc must prevent Gate City’s destruction!
- Far Space Foundry – Manage the shuttles and docking bays of the Far Space Foundry to lead the Federation to success in this strategic game for 1-4 players.
- Star Trek vs Star Wars Federation Force – Star Trek vs Star Wars Federation Force is an animated comic fan film, merging universes. You know you want this!
- The 9 Weirdest Implications Of The Many Worlds Interpretation
- 10 years of new Doctor Who: nerdy in-jokes from series 1
- Are You Ready for the Jules Verne Musical?
- Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar is a galactic epic–and the first biblical end times narrative for secular science fiction. (Major spoilers)
- Escape to Witch Mountain at 40: Good for Disney then, good for kids to this day.
- For a brighter robotics future, it’s time to offload their brains: The power of cloud software could make robots smarter and less expensive.
- How Wild Wild West helped create steampunk
- Ian Sales recommends Ten space operas, not your usual suspects
- Insurgent, The Hunger Games and The Rise Of The Female Action Hero
- io9 explains Why Cordelia Naismath Vorkosigan is Awesome
- io9 wonders What Does It Mean When The Fans Take Over?
- Insurgent ending was the cheap way out: Why movies can’t find closure anymore.
- Is not reading white cis male authors for a year prejudiced? Neil Gaiman responds.
- Is the Northwest really the new frontier for science fiction fanatics?
- It Follows: Three Reasons You Need to See the Indie Horror-Movie Phenomenon
- It Follows wants to scare you. But it also wants to break your heart.
- The Jedi and the Bishop: two men, two religious outlooks [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Panem et Circenses: The Myth of the Real in Reality TV
- Solar eclipses in fiction: all spectacle, no menace
- Steampunk Pokemon Watercolor Paintings by J Brent Hill
- Terry Pratchett pub sign unveiled in Wincanton [via Paul Di Filippo]
More Fun Stuff
- Build Your Own Millennium Falcon Origami
- How they made those Zero-G maneuvers in Nolan’s Interstellar
- It’s a sci-fi trope, but are “beings of pure energy” really possible?
- New Terminator: Genisys Images Include First Look At J.K. Simmons’ Character
- SpaceBox is a new science fiction-themed webcomic
- Watch a trailer for White God, “A Disturbingly Beautiful Dystopian Dog Horror Parable.”