Thanks to Rob H. Bedford, I found the table of contents on Goodreads for the upcoming anthology Midian Unmade: Tales of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed, a selection of original stories that pay tribute to Barker’s 1990 horror film Nightbreed.
Here’s the book description:
An all-original horror anthology set in the world of Clive Barker’s cult film masterpiece, Nightbreed, and including stories by Seanan McGuire, Amber Benson, Karl Alexander, Nancy Holder, and more!
Clive Barker’s Nightbreed has been controversial since the moment it was released in a version edited by the studio and roundly condemned by Barker, who wrote and directed the film. A virtually instant cult film, Nightbreed–based on Barker’s novella, Cabal–was nominated for three Saturn Awards and won several prizes at European film festival.
The impact of Nightbreed goes beyond the screen; along with Cabal and Barker’s seminal The Books of Blood, it has inspired many horror writers, some of whom have gathered in this tribute anthology.
Midian Unmade tells the stories of the Nightbreed after the fall of their city, Midian. Driven from their homes, their friends and family members slain before their eyes, the monsters become a mostly-hidden diaspora. Some are hunted; others, hunters. Some seek refuge. Others want revenge.
Contributors to Midian Unmade include: Karl Alexander, author of the classic novel Time After Time; actor, writer, and director Amber Benson (Tara Maclay on Buffy the Vampire Slayer); New York Times bestselling author Nancy Holder; Hugo and John W. Campbell Award-winner Seanan McGuire; Bram Stoker Award winner Weston Ochse, David J. Schow, winner of the World Fantasy Award, writer of the screenplay for The Crow; New York Times bestselling writer Stephen Woodworth; and many more–23 stories in all.
With an introduction by Clive Barker, this is an outstanding collection of original horror short stories in a dazzling variety of styles.
Here’s the table of contents…
Edited by Joseph Nassise and Del Howison
- “A Return to Midian” by Lisa Majewski
- “Moon Inside” by Seanan McGuire
- “The Night Ray Bradbury Died” by Kevin Wetmore
- “Another Little Piece of My Heart” by Nancy Holder
- “The Kindness of Surrender” by Kurt Fawver
- “The Angel of Isisford” by Brian Craddock
- “Pride” by Amber Benson
- “Button, Button” by Ernie Cooper
- “I Am the Night You Never Speak Of” by C. Robert Cargill
- “The Devil Until the Credits Roll” by Weston Ochse
- “The Lighthouse of Midian” by Ian Rogers
- “Lakrimay” by Nerine Dorman
- “And Midian Whispered Its Name” by Shaun Meeks
- “Cell of Curtains” by Timothy Baker
- “Tamara” by Paul Salamoff
- “Raphael’s Shroud” by Karl Alexander
- “Wretched” by Eddie Brauer
- “A Monster Among Monsters” by Stephen Woodworth and Kelly Dunn
- “The Jesuit’s Mask” by Durand Welsh
- “Rook” by Rob Salem
- “Collector” by David Schow
- “Bait and Switch” by Lilith Saintcrow
- “The Farmhouse” by Christopher Monfette
Book info as per Amazon US:
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Tor Books (July 28, 2015)
- ISBN-10: 0765335425
- ISBN-13: 978-0765335425