Here’s the synopsis:
Look into the future and see what you might become….
Dark age barbarian princesses, Mexican ninja zombies soldiers, icy interrogators of networked intellects, searchers for eternal youth, warrior families hiding in the corners of a future haunted by machines bent on our destruction, and distant deepspace protectors of humanity’s future.
Whether it’s the day after tomorrow or a million years into the deep future, there are moments when humanity stares into the abyss and faced with possibility extinction follow Darwin’s theory – change, adapt, alter, evolve. Take on a different body, engineer a new intellect, become something completely different to preserve whatever is most human about us.
Meeting Infinity, the fourth book of the Infinity Project, presents sixteen exciting new stories from award winners and acclaimed writers like Madeline Ashby, Gregory Benford, Nancy Kress, Aliette de Bodard, Yoon Ha Lee, Benjanun Sriduangkaew, Kameron Hurly, Gwyneth Jones, An Owomoyela, Bruce Sterling and others.
And here’s the table of contents:
- “Memento Mori” by Madeline Ashby
- “My Last Bringback” by John Barnes
- “Aspects: A Galactic Centre Story” by Gregory Benford
- “Rates of Change” by James S.A. Corey
- “In Blue Lily’s Wake” by Aliette de Bodard
- “Body Politic” by Kameron Hurley
- “Drones” by Simon Ings
- “Emergence” by Gwyneth Jones
- “Cocoons” by Nancy Kress
- “The Cold Inequalities” by Yoon Ha Lee
- “The Falls: A Luna Story” by Ian McDonald
- “Exile from Extinction” by Ramez Naam
- “Outsider” by An Owomoyela
- “Desert Lexicon” by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- “Pictures from the Resurrection” by Bruce Sterling
- “All the Wrong Places” by Sean Williams
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Solaris (December 1, 2015)
- ISBN-10: 1781083800
- ISBN-13: 978-1781083802