Journey Into is a podcast that mixes reprints of older radio shows with newer content by contemporary authors. The podcast is hosted, edited, and produced by Marshal Latham. If you’re interested in older radio shows, it’s a good place to get a sampling from a variety of them, such as X Minus One, You Are There, Seeing Ear Theater, and others. Recently Marshal has also started to include episodes from the Star Wars fan podcast he runs with Rish Outfield in the Journey Into feed.
Marshal Latham launched the podcast in July 2011 with a reprint of “Zero Hour” from the X Minus One podcast and has been the one man staff of the podcast ever since. The last several years he has hosted an Edgar Allen Poe month where he posts audio recordings of both Poe stories and Poe-inspired stories (you’ll notice that some of the titles in the episode list have Poe titles but are not authored by Poe, these were from contests that asked for authors to use Poe titles). In November 2013 there was a superhero marathon spectacular in which Marshal posted superhero-related content every day for the entire month.
- “Red Road” by David Barr Kirtley
- “Sorry, Wrong Number” by Lucille Fletcher
- “The Machine Stops” by E.M. Forster
- “Emily 501” by Tamara Hladik
- “Dream Engine” by Tim Pratt
- “The Trial of Thomas Jefferson” by David Barr Kirtley
- “The Imp of the Perverse” by Richard Freeman
- “Kellerman’s Eyepiece” by Mary Elizabeth Counselman
- “The Last Days of the Kelly Gang” by David D. Levine
- “The Power of the Sentence” by David M. Locke
- “The Masque of the Red Death” by Lee Lackey
- “Hop Frog” by Edgar Allen Poe
- “The Fog Horn” by Ray Bradbury
- “The Roads Must Roll” by Robert A. Heinlein
- “Ligeia” by Bria Burton
Next month I will be shining the podcast spotlight on the podcast of the award-nominated Beneath Ceaseless Skies magazine, edited by Scott H. Andrews.