Interviews & Profiles
- BookBrowse interviews Dan Brown, author of The Da Vinci Code.
- The Mary Sue interviews Sarah Pinborough, author of Poison.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Anya Martin, contributor to Sensoria.
- The Qwillery interviews Ken Liu, author of The Grace of Kings.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Dylan Jones, author of Black Book.
- Reddit is holding an AMA for Joe Haldeman, author of The Forever War.
- Suvudu interviews Naomi Novik, author of Uprooted.
- BBC is using a BitTorrent Bundle to sell a 10-episode set of Doctor Who
- Matt Damon and Ben Affleck’s Syfy Drama “Incorporated” Gets a Pilot Order
- Steven Moffat: Doctor Who will last at least another five years
- Ursula Le Guin dramatisations and doc coming to BBC Radio 4
Events & Event News
- Cosmic Run – A fast and furious space race for 1-4 players from the designer of Biblios. It can be played competitively or cooperatively.
- Omega Virus: Revisited – Its been sixteen years since the Omega Virus was unleashed introducing the world to zombies. now a new group must revisit the land.
- Book Review: Bourne Meets The Body Snatchers in Wesley Chu’s Tao Trilogy
- Book Review: Superposition is what happens when physics collide with sci-fi
- Movie Review: Den of Geek calls Nolan’s Interstellar “A Secular End Times Myth.”
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Lannisters (and Other Morally Gray Characters)
- A.V. Club explains why This year’s Hugo Awards are a messy political controversy.
- Aurora Australis: Awards! Anthologies! Awesome things!
- The Best Female Time Travelers in TV History
- Bookworm Blue laments the Hugo Awards 2015 nominations.
- Debut author Alison Stine discusses loneliness, being deaf, and diversity in YA Lit.
- The Dissolve looks back at Captain America: The Winter Soldier One Year Later.
- Fantastical Cats Who Are More Than They Seem
- Five Books in Which Pop Music is Trying To Kill You
- Gameranx names its choices for the 7 Best Sci-Fi Games of 2015
- How Person of Interest became one of the best sci-fi shows on TV
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Canon and Love the Story
- How Vin Diesel’s Love for Sci-Fi Turned Fast and Furious into a Billion-Dollar Franchise
- io9 calls Lamb by Christopher Moore “the Ten Commandments in SF/F“
- Set Your Phasers to Stunned: 2015 Hugo Nominations Stir Controversy
- Three reasons Allegiant needs to be un-split (and one reason to keep it split)
- Upcoming 4 Me offers the Story behind The Age of Scorpio by Gavin Smith.
- What I Learned From Watching Insurgent With My Mom
- Where Are The Movie Easter Eggs in Syfy’s 12 Monkeys?
- The X-Files: I Want To Believe the Last Season Never Happened
- Check Out This Epic Japanese-Inspired Star Wars Back Tattoo
- Merry Coor produces Custom Glass Planets Containing the Cremated Remains of Loved Ones within custom glass beads. Coor crafts each bead by hand, first melting glass into a round bead, then spiraling the design out of ashes on top, finally sealing the design with an outer layer of clear glass.
- Sir Terry Pratchett Graffiti appears in London & Bristol
More Fun Stuff
- Bill Nye claims NASA Could Send Manned Mission to Mars by the 2030’s
- Read an excerpt from Throne of Darkness by Douglas Nicholas at My Bookish Ways.
- Relive a Sci-Fi Classic with 4 Trailers for the Blade Runner Re-Release Event
- Visiting Mars Means Cutting Back on Space Station Funding
- Watch a clip from the Post-Apocalypse Hacker Flick Jackrabbit, which premiered at this month’s Tribeca Film Festival.
- Watch a fun behind-the-scenes Avengers: Age of Ultron featurette.
- Watch the final trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Watch the international trailer for The Fantastic Four