Interviews & Profiles
- Blogcritics interviews Sarah Remy, author of Stonehill Downs.
- Den of Geek interviews Ethan Hawke, star of Good Kill.
- Electric Literature interviews Cynan Jones, author of The Dig.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Jasper Bark, author of Stuck on You.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Fonda Lee, author of Zeroboxer.
- The Qwillery interviews Jon Land, author of Black Scorpion: The Tyrant Reborn.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Alan Tudyk of the upcoming web series Con Man.
- SFF World interviews Wesley Chu, author of The Rebirths of Tao.
- Suvudu interviews Ken Liu, author of The Grace of Kings.
- Comic-Con Is Getting Its Own Year-Round Video-On-Demand Service
- Elite Squad director Jose Padilha making SF thriller, Mindcorp
Events & Event News
- The Inkwell Awards, a non-profit organization devoted to the art of inking, will be revealing the unique results of its fifth annual Joe Sinnott Inking Challenge in a series of fund-raising online auctions beginning Saturday, April 11. This is the ‘main event’ to the recently announced Sinnott Spring Celebration of auctions running from March through May containing Joe Sinnott donations. All submitted art, from last year’s to the current pieces, can be viewed at The Inkwell’s ComicArtFans gallery. The first wave of inked blue-line original art from this Challenge will be on the auction block beginning Saturday, April 11 at the Inkwells’ eBay store. Subsequent waves will begin each week thereafter. The art will later be collected into book form.
- The Philip K. Dick Science Fiction Film Festival is returning to New York City for its fourth annual event from January 14-17, 2016. The festival will screen at the superb Tribeca Cinemas for the second year in a row and is now accepting submissions of sci-fi and fantastic films through Withoutabox. Deadlines include June 15, 2015 (Early Bird Deadline), September 15, 2015 (Regular Deadline), December 1, 2015 (Late Deadline) and December 7, 2015 (WAB Extended Deadline).
- Exsapien 2041: Out of Time – First generation, all digital graphic novel series about ultimate science, adventure, time travel, and passion set in an insane future.
- Pass the Tentacle – A family friendly party game! – Tentacles are appearing everywhere and they’re reaching for you! Are you clever enough to pass away all your tentacles?
- Book Review: Tor.com calls Hoshruba: The Land and the Tilism “A Tale to Blow Your Senses Away.” Read an excerpt below.
- Book Review: Never mind all of the characters are dead, The Dirty Dust is full of life.
- 8 Villains That We’d Love To See In The DC Cinematic Universe Movies
- 10 Doctor Who Villains That Really Deserve To Make A Comeback
- 10 Science-Fiction Stories Reimagined As Games
- 51-and-a-half amazing(ish) facts about Doctor Who
- Agents of SHIELD Is Getting a Spin-off; Please Be Deathlok!
- BN considers The Mind-Altering Scope of Dan Simmons’ Hyperion Cantos
- Blastr remembers 12 famous actors cut from popular genre films
- Cultural Revolution-Meets-Aliens: Chinese Writer Takes On Sci-Fi
- Den of Geek looks back at Andrew Niccol’s SF masterpiece, Gattaca.
- Five Books about Time Travel
- The Gundam Formula: Facing the Mirror
- Is Han Solo’s Coat Blue Or Brown? It’s That Damn Dress All Over Again
- Neil Gaiman Talks Ursula K. Le Guin on BBC Radio 4
- Remembering the Future in Ken Liu’s The Grace of Kings
- ScienceFiction.com asks Will ‘iZombie’ To Be The Next Buffy?
- Slate explains How Sci-Fi’s Hugo Awards Got Their Own Full-Blown Gamergate for folk not caught up on this week’s scandal … George R.R. Martin comments on the recent Hugo awards uproar … A response to George R. R. Martin from the author who started Sad Puppies … Hijacking the Hugo Awards Won’t Stifle Diversity in Science Fiction protests Kameron Hurley … and finally, photos of actual sad puppies for those who do not care to keep abreast of award season snipping.
- Space Farming is Science FICTION says Biology Fortified, Inc. Also, Santa is your parent and Game of Thrones will only be fan fiction past season five. Says me: No turnips but space turnips will ever pass these lips!
- You know you’ve met your Star Wars soulmate when…
- Will Han Shoot First Again in The New STAR WARS Digital HD Edition?
- Light Play: A 3D Printed Robot Army Commanded by Movement
- Your Chance to Buy Illustrations From the Original Cosmos, if you’re rich.
More Fun Stuff
- 30-Second Bunnies’ Final Movie Parody is Blade Runner
- Cover Art: Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn Book Bands of Mourning
- Ever Try to Read a Book and Walk at the Same Time?
- Honest Game Trailer for BIOSHOCK
- Infographic: 13 things you didn’t know about the Millennium Falcon
- Read an excerpt from Hoshruba: The Land and the Tilism: Book 1, Episode 1 by Musharraf Ali Farooqi at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Arcadia #1 at io9.
- Watch a trailer for Jurassic World