Interviews & Profiles
- Adventures in Scifi Publishing interviews Jennifer Foehner Wells and Jodi McIsaac, author of Fluency and Thin Veil, respectively.
- James Spader Prepares for Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Emily Schultz, author of The Blondes.
- Pornokitsch interviews K. J. Parker, author of The Two of Swords.
- Radio Book Club interviews Edward Willett, author of Masks.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Giorgio Tsoukalos, star of Ancient Aliens. (Highlights)
- Tatiana Maslany may be cloneless in her new role, but she shares it with Helen Mirren.
- 2015 Eisner Awards nominees announced: Ms Marvel, Saga, and Multiversity lead.
- Star Trek 3 Will Be Titled Star Trek Beyond.
Events & Event News
- Join ChiZine for the exciting launch of two spring titles, Nick Cutter’s The Acolyte and Rio Youers’ Point Hollow! It’s all happening at Amsterdam Brewery in Toronto Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. – Beer, readings, prizes and RELIGIOUS FERVOR.
- The next SFWA Pacific Northwest Reading Series event in the Seattle area (Kirkland, WA) will be held on Tuesday, May 5th feature Cat Rambo, Janine Southard and Fonda Lee. Set in the festive atmosphere of the Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant in Kirkland, WA, events begin at 7:00 pm, and end by 8:30 pm.
- Airship Enterprise Graphic Novel – Steampunk sci-fi comicbook by Brian Denham (X-Files, Starcraft, Iron Man) These are the voyages of the Airship Enterprise.
- INEVITABLE authority out of control – What would happen if New York were the target of nuclear terrorism? Would Washington respond to keep us safe? Would we be safe?
- Stories for Chip: A Tribute to Samuel R. Delany – Editors Nisi Shawl and Bill Campbell have gathered together an exciting array of fiction and incisive essays by over 30 acclaimed and award-winning authors, including Geoff Ryman, Nalo Hopkinson, Eileen Gunn, Nick Harkaway, and Junot Díaz, plus rising stars of astonishing power and creativity. Over three-quarters of the 150,000 words contained in this volume are original to the book. Amazingly diverse along multiple axes, Stories for Chip is a fitting tribute to Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America Grand Master Samuel R. Delany, a genius who never met a boundary he didn’t challenge.
- Book Review: Paul Di Filippo reviews Algernon Blackwood.
- Book Review: The Record calls Station Eleven an apocalyptic novel that’s too pat.
- 5 reads that will change how you feel about the Apocalypse.
- 11 Movies Improved by Being Found-Footage Films.
- 23 specially-shot movie teaser trailers, as remembered by Den of Geek.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron: How Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen’s Characters Strengthen the Marvel Universe.
- Barnes and Noble remembers Ten Essential Utopias from fiction.
- Daredevil , Catholicism, and the Marvel Moral Universe.
- Francis Ford Coppola’s forgotten masterpiece, The Conversation, looked ahead to a world without privacy.
- Get a better look at Doctor Who series 9’s first monster.
- Howard Nostrand, Ray Bradbury, and EC horror comics.
- The Old Guy Action Comeback: I’m Getting Too Old for This Sh*t.
- Panic and Self-Flagellation at Star Wars Celebration.
- Ron Charles admits Spice-craving the 50th anniversary edition of Frank Herbert’s Dune.
- Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Retellings.
- Top 10 Most Horribly Mistreated First Wives In Gothic Fiction.
- Watchlist Countdown, Day One: The Taxidermist by David Abrams, and an Introduction by editor Bryan Hurt.
- What do you want from the Star Wars Anthology movies?
- What Does George R. R. Martin Have to do With Dinosaur Lords? I don’t know, but it most assuredly does not bode well for the Dinosaur Lords.
- What Sad Puppies gets wrong about science fiction and political correctness.
- Who You Going To Thank? SF has grown exponentially. Who do we thank for that?
- Why writing stories about climate change isn’t fantasy or sci-fi. Piers Torday on cli-fi.
More Fun Stuff
- Anyone in the market for a downed Imperial Star Destroyer? 145 million credits OBO. Bring your own tractor beam to move it.
- Boing Boing shared this shot of Margaret Hamilton standing next to her Apollo 11 code! Her handwritten Apollo 11 code. The code that got us to the moon.
- Chief Tyrol helps Mythbusters build a Cylon.
- Cover Reveal: World’s End by Will Elliot.
- Disney’s Film Slate Is Heavy With Sequels, Remakes, And Nostalgia.
- Oh my God, who keeps green-lighting new M. Night Shyamalan movies? The poster is all I need to see to know this one’s gonna be bad. (Via)
- Read an excerpt from Burn Cards by Christopher Irvin at My Bookish Ways.
- Read an excerpt from Children of Arkadia by M. Darusha Wehm at The Qwillery.
- Read the short story “The Pauper Prince and the Eucalyptus Jinn” by Usman Malik.
- The Science Behind Why Tony Stark’s Iron Man Suit Doesn’t Kill Him.
- Science Is Closing in on Dark Matter, But Beware the Hype.
- Watch Nathan Fillion Reprise His Role as Malcolm Reynolds for “Firefly Online.”
- Watch a trailer for the short film “Sparcity.”