Interviews & Profiles
- A Backwards Story interviews R.C. Lewis, author of Stitching Snow.
- Den of Geek talks with Kip Thorne and Jonathan Nolan of Interstellar.
- The Galaxy Express interviews Jenn Burke and Kelly Jensen, author of Chaos Station.
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Philippa Ballantine, author of The Diamond Conspiracy.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Jonathan Clements and Helen McCarthy, co-authors of the third edition of the recently released The Anime Encyclopedia.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Paige McKenzie (“Sunshine Griffith”), author of The Haunting of Sunshine Girl and creator of the popular YouTube series of the same name.
- ScienceFiction.com interviews Jonathan Wood, author of Anti-Hero.
- Crow T. Robot’s Voice Is Going Back to Space this time in Yahoo’s Other Space!
- The Force is With Us: Star Wars is Coming to Digital HD!
- NASA-funded engine may take humans to Mars in 39 days!
- NASA Chief Scientist Predicts We’ll Find Signs Of Alien Life By 2025
- They’re Making Radio Plays Out Of Ursula K. Le Guin’s Novels!
- Three more Mad Max films?!!
- William Shatner Pitches 50th Anniversary Special At SyFy
Events & Event News
- The 10 Biggest Highlights of (the Final) Anaheim WonderCon 2015
- Boston Comic Con will be held at the Seaport World Trade Center on July 31 – August 2. Tickets are now available for purchase.
- Inkitt.com is honoring the magnificent Terry Pratchett with a Free Sci-Fi/Fantasy Contest in April, “Echo of Another World.” The theme is that in name only – any and all sci-fi/fantasy stories are eligible for entry, and we’re particularly encouraging of novel excerpts and selections from longer works.
- “Rick and Morty” Co-creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland appear at Meltdown Comics and Collectibles in Los Angeles, CA on Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm to sign the Rick and Morty comic book from Oni Press! RSVP on Facebook
- BROKEN SAVIORS: Alien Invasion Comic Book – Aliens invade claiming they need to save us. Check out the FREE first issue to see what happens. Are you a rebel or a savior?
- INFECTED – Humans vs Zombies Team Coop
- Posthuman – You are one of the last humans on earth, trying to reach a rumored fortress. Will you survive, or evolve?
- Book Review: BullSpec reviews the latest releases in this month’s round-up, including The Grace of Kings, The Rebirths of Tao, and Superposition
- Book Review: Open Letters Montly reviews Mort(e) by Robert Repino
- 16 Ecologically-Minded Speculative Fictions!
- An Argument for Reading Literature in Chronological Order
- Author Peter Orullian asks Is it Okay if I Cook You Slowly? at the Tor/Forge Blog.
- GamesRadar runs down everything you need to know about Jurassic World.
- George RR Martin, Game of Thrones and the triumph of fantasy fiction.
- How 1980s Atlanta Became the Backdrop for the Future. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- How did Alejandro Amenabar’s The Others twist the twist ending?
- In these medieval Arab tales, a heavy dollop of spice. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Is George R.R. Martin’s New HBO Project Secretly About Rod Serling?
- Margaret Atwood, Kim Stanley Robinson, Seanan McGuire, and more ponder climate change in the upcoming anthology Loosed Upon the World.
- Messynessy Chic looks at the real-life inspiration for Interstellar.
- Read a lovely appreciation of author Andre Norton and her legacy on the Barnes & Noble Sci-Fi and Fantasy blog.
- Suzanne Johnson talks about Pirate’s Booty: Black Market in the French Quarter.
- The Verge remembers the novel that predicted Meerkat and Periscope in 2010.
- Washington Times ponders the question of Why digital culture hasn’t killed print yet
- Why dystopian fiction shouldn’t be limited to the western world.
- Because we all need more art in our lives, check out this amazing celebration of women in fantastical art from Tor.com.
- Here’s a very cool, low key Terry Pratchett tattoo.
- MarchofRobots is an annual art challenge in which artists draw a new robot for every day in March. Check out the highlights at The Geek Art Gallery, including the work of some of the best artists.
More Fun Stuff
- Aliens Are Enormous, not those anorexic things you see in movies says “scientists“
- Chainsaw-powered marble-firing machine gun. Prepared to put some eyes out!
- Cover Art: John Scalzi’s The End of All Things Novellas
- Forbes’ presents the facts a bit over-dramatically and the author photo fills us with trepidation, but the science holds: “Solar Eclipses Are Slowly Disappearing, And There’s Nothing We Can Do To Stop It“
- Here’s a collection of the biggest human-caused fails in rocket science history. Protip: Don’t try to take an LV-2F Thor booster rocket out of a hangar all by yourself in an attempt to impress your girlfriend.
- Muppets Explain Why Standing Near Avengers’ Quicksilver Would Be Deadly
- Watch a trailer for Killjoys, Syfy’s new space bounty hunters series.
- Watch a trailer for Paul Feig’s New Online Sci-Fi Series Other Space.
- Watch a trailer for Star Trek:Renegades at io9.
- Watch a trailer for the STARZ Original series Ash vs Evil Dead
- We’re not sure this Interstellar infographic explains anything, but it sure is pretty.
- While we’ve never mistaken Jupiter for a moon, it would appear that we’ve been lying to ourselves about the gas giant’s true nature for some time now.