Interviews & Profiles
- Electric Literature interviews Jeremy M. Davies, author of Fancy.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Ken Liu, author of The Grace of Kings. (Highlights)
- The Qwillery interviews Betsy Dornbusch, author of Emissary.
- SciFiPulse Radio interviews Tim Waggoner, author of The Nekroplis Archives.
- Suvudu interviews Marie Brennan, author of The Memoirs of Lady Trent.
- Suvudu interviews Peter Orullian, author of Trial of Intentions.
- Tor.com interviews Ken Liu, author of The Grace of Kings.
- Vulture interviews Oscar Isaac, star of Ex Machina.
- Google wants to block you from spoilers, but still Skynet Mom creepy.
- IARPA Wants A Magical All-In-One Chemical Detection Tool: They might have to go to Middle Earth to get it
Events & Event News
- Artist Blair Shedd will appear at Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham, MA on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from noon till 6:00 pm to sign the first issue of DOCTOR WHO featuring the Ninth Doctor! RSVP on Facebook
- H.P. Lovecraft’s 125th Birthday Honored At WonderCon
- Daily Galaxy Radio – an advertising-free global initiative tailored for the mobile era by the creators of dailygalaxy.com, a widely popular news site about the discoveries and events in space, science, and technology that are changing our understanding of our planet and the universe.
- Deck of the Dead: Zombie Card Game – A unique new zombie game made up of 300 cards. Player with the most zombie kills wins the game. Will you survive the Deck?
- Reviews: Geektyrant | The Guardian | LA Times | Mashable | NPR | NYTimes | Observer | Slate | Time | VanityFair | WSJ
- Interview: Alex Garland rules out Ex Machina sequel: ‘I can’t imagine going back’
- Interview: Alex Garland Talks Lo-Fi Approach To Ex Machina, Auteur Theory
- Interview: Director Alex Garland Explains Why Ex Machina Is So Disturbingly Sexy
- Interview: Director Alex Garland on the looming AI threat
- Interview: Ex Machina director Alex Garland embraces the rise of superintelligent AI
- Interview: Machine anxiety: a chat with Ex Machina director Alex Garland
- Interview: Why Oscar Isaac Channeled Stanley Kubrick for Ex Machina
- Alex Garland’s film Ex Machina explores the limits of artificial intelligence – but how close are we to machines outsmarting man?
- Ex Machina twists the history of sexy robots: The complicated gender commentary
- How Real-Life AI Rivals Ex Machina: Passing Turing
- How realistic are the robots of Ex Machina?
- Rise of AI is changing attitudes on robot romance
- A search engine could become the first true artificial intelligence
- Technophobia and Fear of Women Go Hand in Hand at SXSW
- Tinder Users at SXSW Are Falling for This Woman, but She’s Not What She Appears
- What Ex Machina’s Alex Garland Gets Wrong About Artificial Intelligence
- What You Don’t Know About Ex Machina
- Will AI Really Be the End of Us? Ex Machina Will Leave You Wondering
- WIRED explains that Ex Machina Has a Serious Fembot Problem
- You Need to Get to Know Ex Machina’s Alicia Vikander
- 8 Comic Book Movie Moments That We’ll Never Forget
- 10 Comic Books You Need to Read to Prepare for Avengers: Age of Ultron
- 10 Possible Directions for a Live-Action Star Wars TV Series
- The Best Movie Ever: Sci-Fi Movies of the 21st Century
- The “Heroic Translators” Who Reinvented Classic Science Fiction In China
- How Doctor Who Helped Scientists Figure Out Why We Fear Scientists
- Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Tips on How to Write a Good Short Story
- The Most Spectactular 1960s Sci-Fi Stories: How the genre started to become undone.
- Sci-Fi’s Pod People: Science Fiction has been taken over by PC heavies.
- “Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a pie without cherries.”
- Workshops Use Sci-Fi, Fan Fiction to Teach Girls STEM and Writing Skills
- Amazing Weapons and Lab INSURGENT Concept Art by Fabian Lacey
- Deus ex machina, Dying Light, Railway centaur, Xeno Terraforming
More Fun Stuff
- 25 Fun Facts About Back to the Future
- Cover Reveal: The Dead Stars by Adam Christopher
- Cover Reveal: A Murder of Mages by Marshall Ryan Maresca
- Chewbacca Replaces Louis C.K. in LOUIE Parody Video
- New Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Art of Evolution poster features Agent May.
- ClickOnComics is the first subscription-based web application that allows comic book readers the ability to stream a variety of digital comics from publishers all around the world. And for just $4.99 a month, ClickOnComics members can Unleash hundreds of titles, and experience comics like never before!
- The Millennium Falcon’s Iconic Look Was a Last-Second Design
- Scientists unveil a $300 billion replacement for the International Space Station that looks like a penis. Doctor Evil strikes again!
- This Craigslist Ad for a Genetic Engineer Is Pure Wonderful Madness
- Watch a clip for the season finale of Helix if you still care … which you probably don’t.
- Watch this homemade Batsuit stop a knife attack, deflect kicks and body blows.