Interviews & Profiles
- Industrial Light & Magic’s digital models supervisor Bruce Holcomb how Industrial Light & Magic built a robotic killing machine.
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Stephanie Saulter, author of Regeneration.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Susan Murray, author of The Waterborne Blade.
- The Qwillery interviews Eli K. P. William, author of Cash Crash Jubilee.
- SFF World interviews Rod Duncan, author of The Fall of the Gas-Lit Empire.
- This is Horror interviews John Joseph Adams.
- UCLA English professor Ursula Heise chats about sci-fi in downtown L.A.’s famed Bradbury Building, setting of scenes from such popular films as Blade Runner.
- Announcing THE ALCHEMY OF CHAOS and AN IMPORT OF INTRIGUE
- The center of our galaxy might be full of dying vampire stars.
- Would-Be Mars Colonists Practice For Red Planet In Utah Desert. Candidates told to just lie really, really still to experience what it feels like to be dead on another planet. Or, at least, so I imagine.
Events & Event News
- Cartoonist Mike Maihack will appear at Heroes Haven in Tampa, FL for a signing on Saturday May 16, 2015 from 11:00 AM till 3:00 PM! RSVP on Facebook
- Legendary cartoonist Jules Feiffer will appear in conversation with author Neil Gaiman at the 92nd Street Y in New York City on Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 7:00 pm! Get tickets at the link!
- Bring Water – Bring Water is a short sci-fi film set in a future world where civilization has collapsed and the search for water is imperative.
- PLEN2 – the world’s first printable open-source humanoid
- 10 Crackpot Story Theories for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- 22 questions about Avengers: Age Of Ultron answered
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Are There Two Infinity Gauntlets?
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Consequences, Legacies, Killer Robots. Birth. Movies. Death. discusses the thematic structure of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Age of Ultron: How much screen time does each Avenger get? Big spoilers.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron is the ultimate Joss Whedon movie. According to Screen Crush “The second outing of Earth’s mightiest heroes has more in common with an episode of Buffy than it does with its fellow summer blockbusters. It is, first and foremost, the work of an auteur.” (Spoilers) Of course, the Village Voice’s Stephanie Zacharek disagrees in Why Avengers: Age of Ultron Fills This Buffy Fan With Despair.
- Black Widow: This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
- Cahiers’ Editor on Why J.J. Abrams Deserves the Auteur Treatment.
- CNN on Star Wars: Revenge of the Myth
- Here’s One Brilliant Recipe For A Story That Will Kick Anyone’s Ass
- How Avengers: Age of Ultron dropped the ball with Black Widow
- How Game of Thrones is like Star Wars, according to Vox
- How the Internet made Star Wars Day bigger than ever
- How Ultron could have been more menacing in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Marvel to Critics: Superheroes Aren’t “Ruining Hollywood”
- Rachael Acks about the plight of next year’s Hugo nominators looking for worthy candidates in a field in which at least 4201 new novels in English were published in 2014. Considering this, does it actually matter that one group of fans voted a slate of their friends unto the Hugos shortlist, when the huge mass of science fiction published each year means worthwhile candidates remain unconsidered anyway? If you’re confused too, you might try hittign up the Hugo recommendation Livejournal.
- Science Could Start Orphan Black Right Now says The Nerdist.
- The Science Fiction Book Club suggests some excellent Star Wars Books to hold you over until The Force Awakens.
- Why Tony Stark is the real villain of Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Amazing Star Wars Scenes Cut From Single Sheets of Paper
- This is what Star Wars droids would look like if Apple made them.
- Xbox U.K. celebrates May 4 with these cool Star Wars controller concepts
More Fun Stuff
- 7 Devices From Star Wars Scientists Are Actually Building Right Now
- Download the Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft for Nook and Kindle free.
- The Force Awakens droid hero BB-8 already has its own Star Wars dress
- An illustrated guide to the best Star Wars video games
- Man balances on new Star Wars droid while playing flame-shooting bagpipes
- NASA astronauts celebrate Star Wars Day with the ultimate movie experience
- Spotify releases its most-streamed Star Wars playlists
- Watch WIRED Smash an Epic LEGO Star Destroyer
- What Is Steampunk? asks Open Road Media