The winners of the 2014 Bram Stoker Award have been announced!
- Jack Ketchum and Tanith Lee
- Blood Kin by Steve Rasnic Tem (Solaris Books)
- Mr. Wicker by Maria Alexander (Raw Dog Screaming Press)
- Phoenix Island by John Dixon (Simon & Schuster/Gallery Books)
- Bad Blood by Jonathan Maberry (Dark Horse Books)
- “Fishing for Dinosaurs” by Joe R. Lansdale (Limbus, Inc., Book II, JournalStone)
- “The Vaporization Enthalpy of a Peculiar Pakistani Family” by Usman T. Malik (Qualia Nous, Written Backwards)
- “Ruminations” by Rena Mason (Qualia Nous, Written Backwards)
- The Babadook by Jennifer Kent (Causeway Films)
- Fearful Symmetries edited by Ellen Datlow (ChiZine Publications)
- Soft Apocalypses by Lucy A. Snyder (Raw Dog Screaming Press)
- Shooting Yourself in the Head For Fun and Profit: A Writer’s Survival Guide by Lucy A. Snyder (Post Mortem Press)
- Forgiving Judas by Tom Piccirilli (Crossroad Press)
- Brett Savory and Sandra Kasturi of ChiZine Publications
- Rena Mason
- Doug Murano, Tom Calen, and Brock Cooper
- Kathryn Ptacek
The Horror Writers Association (HWA) announced the recipients of the 2015 Bram Stoker Awards® in a ceremony held in Atlanta as part of the 25th Anniversary World Horror Convention.
On the StokerCon Announcement (via The Horror Writer’s Association):
“At the start of Saturday’s ceremony, Morton announced the launch of StokerCon, an annual horror convention presented by the Horror Writers Association. The first StokerCon will be held at The Flamingo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV on May 12-15, 2016. The HWA has already confirmed acclaimed author R.L. Stine as one of StokerCon 2016’s Guests of Honor.”
Congratulation to all the winners!