Interviews & Profiles
- EW interviews Margaret Stohl, author of Black Widow: Forever Red.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews James W. Bodden, author of Coffin Riders.
- SFFWorld interviews Ishbelle Bee, author of The Singular & Extraordinary Tale of Mirror & Goliath, which is out today from Angry Robot.
- Tor.com interviews Aidan Moher, author of Tide of Shadows and Other Stories.
- Tor.com interviews critics and editors Jonathan Strahan and Gary K. Wolfe.
- Tor.com has a transcript of the BEA panel on villainy conducted by Charlie Jane Anders, author of All the Birds in the Sky.
- Xinhuanet interviews Liu Cixin, author of The Three Body Problem.
- 2015 Audie Award Winners are announced.
- 2015 Russ Manning Award Shortlist.
- The 2015 Sunburst Award Longlist has been announced.
- Vote on the 2015 David Gemmell Award for Fantasy Shortlist.
Events & Event News
- Pocket Imperium: Prosperity – An expansion for Pocket Imperium. Quick gameplay, small size, minimalist visuals. Space 4X for 2-4 players in 30-45 minutes!
- Silicon Heart – A powerful new graphic novel about love and prejudice, set thirty years from now in the Welsh Valleys.
- Book Review: The Water Knife Pictures a Drought-Ravaged Future Too Close to Home.
- 5 Things That Have to Be In the New X-Files.
- 10 surprising ways Buffy The Vampire Slayer influenced modern culture.
- 20 excellent scientists in mainstream film and TV.
- After Star Wars, science fiction tried to reconnect with the past.
- B&N Bestsellers in Science Fiction & Fantasy: May 2015.
- Blogging the Nebulas: Mercy and Justice in Ancillary Sword.
- Dune at 50: Saucy Taboos and Mundane Evolutions.
- Every Killer Car in Mad Max: Fury Road Explained.
- Five Books About Exploring and Communicating with Alien Cultures.
- George R.R. Martin: 5 characters he wishes were on Game of Thrones.
- Imagination and Wish Fulfillment in Michael Ende’s The Neverending Story.
- June 2015 New Releases in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror.
- No matter what Tomorrowland says, the future has always looked bleak on film.
- The Vulture picks The 22 Greatest Disaster Movies of All Time while Indiewire remember 10 Defining 1970s Disaster Movies.
- We Need Diverse Books Talks True, Political, Global Diversity in Sci-Fi and Fantasy.
- Which is More Technologically Advanced–Star Wars or Star Trek?
- Who Wants Disney to Change Their Mind and Make Tron 3?
- Why horror remakes almost never get it right.
- Woman Warrior: Why Red Sonja Stands Out Among Female Superheroes.
- “Greetings From Mars” by Julien Mauve.
- Dalip Singh created Detailed Drawings to Show The Harm We’ve Done To Mother Earth.
More Fun Stuff
- Enjoy A Nerdy Cuppa With This R2-D2 Teapot.
- Get Familiar With Netflix’s “Sense8” With These 8 New Character Profile Videos.
- Photos from NecronomiCon Providence. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Read the short story “Click-Clack the Rattlebag” by Neil Gaiman at the Telegraph.
- These Before and After Comparisons Make Me Love Fury Road Even More.