Interviews & Profiles
- Making Sci-Fi Movies True To Reality: A Q&A with physicist Spiros Michalakis.
- Mark Piszczor (Google Project Tango) interviews David Brin.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Liana Brooks, author of The Day Before.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Richard Thomas, author of Disintegration.
- Only the Best Scifi interviews Peter Orullian, author of Trial of Intentions.
- Suvudu interviews Dan Wells, author of The Devil’s Only Friend.
Events & Event News
- Writer/Co-Creator Nick Keller appears at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles, CA to sign DEATH HEAD #1 from Dark Horse Comics on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 from 7:00 – 8:00 PM! RSVP on Facebook.
- FOUNDER, the business empire building tabletop strategy game – Founder pits entrepreneurs against each other in a battle of commerce & capitalism. Bluff, negotiate, trade & plan your way to victory!
- Petri Wars – An infectious game of deception, devouring and domination. Mutate and adapt your strategy to dominate the dish! For 2-4 players.
- Book Review: Lis Carey calls The Stars Came Back by Rolf Nelson a movie script that morphed into a novel.
- TV Review: Killjoys is Sci-Fi Fun With Nothing Else To Offer.
- TV Review: Killjoys Sci-Fi Action Romp Is Light On Story, Heavy On Fun.
- 2015 Hugo Awards Best Related Work: Reviewing Hot Equations.
- 5 Favorite SF/F TV Shows About Failure.
- 5 Gateway Science-Fiction Books for Non-Fans.
- 11 Incredible Secrets About The Making Of Back To The Future.
- “And Sci-Fi/Fantasy Gets Crazier” says Max Florschutz on Unusual Things.
- The Aslan, the warlock and the cupboard: more on One Bright Star.
- Brad R. Torgersen on Picture of a TOR buyer: “It would be a damned shame if someone thought I was just malware.”
- Can you hear us now? Another open letter to Tor and Macmillan.
- “Dear Tor: I’m an evil unicorn, not a robot!” says G. K. Masterson on Warden’s Keep.
- Digital poet builds world’s largest science fiction game.
- Fandom Enters The McCarthy Era declares Steve Davidson of Amazing Stories.
- How Do We Talk About Strong Female Characters?
- “I think Tor and Macmillan don’t know what to do” says Peter Grant.
- If you were wondering how much it would actually cost to build and run a Jurassic World-style park, now you can find out. And the answer is: absolutely too much.
- If you’re tired of bad dinosaurs, there’s a film coming out soon called The Good Dinosaur. It’s a Pixar film built on the premise that dinos didn’t go extinct, but continued evolving well into the age of humankind.
- Jurassic World: The Spoiler FAQ.
- Something Terrible Points Out List of Works by Female Authors.
- Tom Doherty… gets it wrong. Jessica Price…gets it right and so does Chuck Wendig.
- What’s an Award Worth? asks L. S. Taylor on What I Learned Today.
- Why Do So Many Science Fiction Stories Take Children Into Space?
- “Haunted Galaxy” by Karen Hallion is a Star Wars / Haunted Mansion mash-up.
- Remo Lienhard creates AMAZING Sci-Fi murals featuring nature mashed up with tech.
- “Star Lord and the Raptor 4” by Brandi Kenney is the Marvel franchise we deserve.
- This Artwork Of Dominion’s Angel War Deserves To Be Painted On Your Van.
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth is a Jurassic Park themed art show at Mondo.
More Fun Stuff
- AT&T interview with author/futurist Arthur C. Clarke, from an 1976 Conference.
- Behind the scenes on Dark Matter episode #101!
- “Bring Firefly Back” is a Cher Lloyd parody begging for the return of Firefly.
- Lovecraftian School Board Wants Madness Added To Curriculum. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Listen to an excerpt from A Scourge of Vipers by Bruce DeSilva at My Bookish Ways.
- Read an excerpt from Can Long Endure by John Scalzi at Tor.com.
- Zookeepers (And Their Animals) Do Their Best Jurassic World Impressions.