Interviews & Profiles
- Bustle interviews Margaret Stohl, author of Black Widow.
- Buzzy Magazine interviews Lawrence M. Schoen.
- A Dribble of Ink interviews Leife Shallcross, author of The End Has Come.
- Electric Literature interviews Lev AC Rosen, author of Depth.
- Literarily Speaking interviews David T. Pennington, author of Peer Through Time.
- Omaha.com interviews Jamie Bamber, former star of Battlestar Galactica.
- Prix Imaginales Winners – recognizing the best works of fantasy of the year.
- Bill Finger Award Recipients – recognizing unsung writers in the comics field.
Events & Event News
- D.J. Kirkbride will appear at The Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach, CA on Wednesday, June 3rd at 5:00 PM to sign THE BIGGER BANG! RSVP on Facebook.
- FRANK J. BARBIERE (FIVE GHOSTS) and CHRISTOPHER PETERSON (MAYDAY) appears at Third Eye Comics in Annapolis, MD on Saturday, June 6th from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm to sign BROKEN WORLD #1! RSVP on Facebook.
- Join celebrated author and artist Jeffrey Brown on Thursday, June 25, 2015 for a personal tour of his current exhibition “Darth Vader and Friends” in the Cartoon Art Museum! in San Francisco, CA. Tour 6-7pm ($10), free reception follows 7-9pm. RSVP on Facebook.
- Exoplanets – In Exoplanets you are one of many architects of a planetary system, all vying to have the greatest impact and influence.
- Invasion – A game of conquest, espionage, and aliens. Players compete and cooperate as one of four alien races trying to ruin Earth’s day.
- Book Review: Neal Stephenson’s Seveneves is moonstruck by nerdiness.
- Book Review: Paul Di Filippo reviews James L. Cambias’ Corsair, a near-future thriller that, in an earlier, less complicated marketplace, one might have just labeled it pure SF.
- TV Review: ABC’s The Whispers Is Distinctly Spielbergian, Addictive Summer Fun.
- 10 Actors Who Found Life After Doctor Who.
- 12 Movies Premiering in 2015 Based on Amazing Books.
- After watching sci-fi movies and TV shows, do we simply just want to believe in UFOs?
- Are the robots here to serve? No, but AMC’s sci-fi thriller Humans explores.
- Best Space Books and Sci-Fi: A Space.com Reading List.
- Book vs. Film: Lit Reactor weighs in on the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- The Dirty Secret Behind Real Innovation: How Our Urge To Play Invented The Future.
- False Endings: Amazing Stories on Continuing Issues in the Marvel Movies.
- I Went on a Field Trip to Mars with a Piece of Cardboard.
- I’m Not a Fan of Science-Fiction and Fantasy?
- Jupiter Ascending: transcending the Sci-Fi genre in a beautiful way.
- Lawrence Krauss explains why he doesn’t share concerns about artificial intelligence.
- Not the Norse You Think You Know: The Gospel of Loki And Other Modern Mythology.
- The Power of Loki: From 12th-century Iceland to The Avengers.
- Six YA Book Series to Adapt to Film After The Hunger Games.
- Tech Times fills you in on 5 Things You Need To Know About ABC’s The Whispers.
- Vehicles of Action: The Avengers vs. Mad Max: Two of the biggest Summer blockbusters are wildly different kinds of action film—Chet Betz looks at the kinetic art of each.
- War of Words and Ideas: Philosophy and the Hugo Award Controversy.
- Will Superintelligent AI Ignore Humans Instead of Destroying Us? Let’s just call it a best case scenario.
- Are Literary Awards Biased Against Books About Women?
- Least Worst Option: Democracy, the Hugos and other Sci-Fi & Fantasy awards (Part 2).
- Mad Max: Fury Road fan art featuring Charlize Theron’s Imperator Furiosa! (Part 2).
- Mad Max: Fury Road fan made posters.
More Fun Stuff
- Are Google’s 11 Driverless Car Accidents Scary—or Really Impressive?
- The debate on lethal robots is starting too late: Critics want a ban on automated killing, but drawing the line is harder than they think.
- Radical, science fiction-inspired reasons humans should colonize Mars.
- Read an excerpt from The Ark by Laura Liddell Nolen at Literarily Speaking.
- Watch This Terrifying Cheetah Robot Jump Over Hurdles, which serve as useful substitutes for the human corpses they’ll have to jump in during the coming uprising.