Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- @AE – The Canadian Science Fiction Review: “Wire Paladin” by Stephen S. Power [Science Fiction]
- @Anotherealm: “First Day, Last Night” by R. M. Willis [Horror]
- Apex Magazine #74 – July 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Baen: “We Fly” by K.B. Rylander [Science Fiction]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #177 – July 09, 2015 [Fantasy Magazine]
- Clarkesworld Magazine #106 – July 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Android Whores Can’t Cry” by Natalia Theodoridou [Science Fiction]
- “Further North” by Kay Chronister [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- “Hair” by Adam Roberts [Science Fiction – from 2009]
- “Hunger Tower” by Pan Haitian [Science Fiction]
- “Snakes” by Yoon Ha Lee [Science Fiction]
- “The Accord” by Keith Brooke [Science Fiction – from 2006]
- “When Your Child Strays From God” by Sam J. Miller [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- @Cosmos Magazine: “Skins” by Rjurik Davidson [Near-Future Science Fiction]
- Crossed Genres #31 – July 2015 –“Novelette”: [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “And The Ends of the Earth for Thy Possession” by Robert B Finegold, M.D. [Science Fiction – also available as eBook]
- Heroic Fantasy Quarterly #24 [Heroic Fantasy Magazine]
- Kaleidotrope Summer 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Kasma SF: “The Taking of IOSA-2083
“ by C.J. Paget [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “The Counterweight” by Damien Krsteski [Science Fiction]
- @Mythic Delirium: “The Sound of Blue” by Sara M. Harvey
- @Nightmare Magazine:
- @The Colored Lens:
- @The WiFiles: “Lullaby for the Dead” by Kitty Sarkozy [Speculative Fiction]
- Uncanny Magazine #5 – July/August 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine – First Half of Fiction Now Posted]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- “Along It Came” by Jake Teeny [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Behold Ragnarök” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Commitment” by A. Katherine Black [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Fusion” by Brian Olszewski [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Hard Case” by Bob Newbell [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Post Oblivion” by Clint Wilson [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Research Authorization” by David Atos [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Sucked Dry” by Kevin L [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Eternity Sim” by Miriyha Davis [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Woke Up, Fell Out Of Bed” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- “500 Seconds” by Brent C. Smith [Apocalyptic Flash]
- “An Amateur’s Guide To Time Travel” by Marian Rosarum [Time Travel Flash]
- “Dear Jezzy: How Can a Devil Make an Angel Say Yes?” by Sarina Dorie [Paranormal Fantasy Flash]
- “Stasis” by Roberto Bommarito [Magic Realism Flash]
- “The Man’s Smile” by J. Robert DeWitt [Time Travel Flash]
- “Yellowed” by Peter Roberts [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction:
- “A Gathering of Ashes” by Gustavo Bondoni [Fantasy Flash]
- “A Policy for Visitors at Reynold’s Home for Retired Time Travelers” by David Macpherson [Time Travel Flash]
- “For a Tooth” by Tim Major [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Happy Dependence Day” by Paul A. Freeman [Surreal Flash]
- @Farther Stars Than These:
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: “Musketeer Space Part 59: The House of Athos” by Tansy Rayner Roberts [Space Opera Serialization]
- @Paizo: Crisis of Faith by Michael J. Martinez: [Shared World Fantasy Serialization]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Podcast #154 – “Court Bindings” by Karalynn Lee [Fantasy]
- Beware the Hairy Mango #284 – “Man Witch” by Matthew Sanborn Smith [Mango-in-a-Can]
- Cast of Wonders #168 – “The Tale of the White Tiger” by Jacob Uitvlugt [YA Science Fiction]
- @Clarkesworld Magazine:
- Far Fetched Fables #64 – “And Such Small Deer” by Chris Roberson and “Frankenstein’s Monster” by Malcolm Chandler [Fantasy]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “Crazy Rhythm” by Carrie Vaughn [Science Fiction]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “Wolves and Witches and Bears” by Alison Littlewood [Horror]
- @Tales To Terrify:
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Relic Radio:
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Alive by Scott Sigler: [YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel Serialization]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #447 [Science Fiction]
- Welcome to Night Vale Bonus Episode #4 – “Pamela Winchell” [Fantasy Serial]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Bright Horizons by Wilson Harp
Earth has made first contact with an alien race. At the historic first meeting, an ambush put peace for humanity out of reach. Colonel Kyle Martin was there that day. It was his leadership and the bravery of his marines that saved what little hope mankind had. When Earth was threatened with invasion, Martin again felt the weight of war pressing down on him.
Known as the Butcher of Hyderabad for his decisions in the Indian War, Martin seemed a poor choice to guard the peace but the perfect man to organize the forces of Earth to defend itself from the coming alien scourge.
With a select team of humans and a few allies among the alien races, Martin is tasked with not only defeating the invading armada, but with making sure that Earth is kept free from any alien domination.
[Military Science Fiction Novel – Amazon]
Dark and Deep (The Settlement #1) by Katharine Tree
Anna Woods doesn’t need a man–she can and has saved her own damn self. But when her colony’s metalworker, a gentle giant of a man named Alex, charms her heart out from under her she learns that people can be good company. Certain people, anyway.
Unfortunately their frontier planet is a challenging place for new love: there is an old-growth forest to tame, resources to find, unfriendly settlements nearby, and Alex’s sociopathic brother to worry about. The more challenges they face, the clearer it becomes that the challenges are best faced together.
When Alex is grievously injured, though, Anna must save not only herself but him. Frontier medicine, human branding, and headhunting await, but the darkest and deepest dangers lie within.
[Science Fiction Romance / Adventure Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Project Moses (An Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller #1) by Robert Lowe
Enzo Lee, 37, a burned out reporter, has forsaken investigative reporting on the East Coast to churn out feature fluff in San Francisco. He likes his North Beach apartment, steps away from his Chinatown roots. Running, tai chi, great food, women who are attracted to his exotic looks. Life is good.
Then, Lee’s comfortable life is shaken when he is ordered to cover the unexplained deaths of a local judge and prosecutor. Intrigued by the connection, and the judge’s attractive niece, Sarah Armstrong, Lee begins to uncover a bioterrorism scandal whose perpetrators – including government officials and Silicon Valley titans – will kill to conceal.
When Lee and Sarah become targets, the question becomes whether the pair can evade their hunters and piece together the story before their time runs out. Project Moses is set in San Francisco, New York and Silicon Valley.
[Technothriller Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Resolute Command (The War for Terra #1) by James Prosser
The Terran Confederacy has been destroyed and Earth is lost. Humanity has been enslaved or scattered to the galaxy, hiding out in lonely systems far from home.
A cry for help from an enemy ship prompts action from an unlikely group of refugees and a lone fighter pilot. This begins an epic adventure that will unite the remains of the human race and take them into the depths of the darkest soul.
The battle for survival is underway and the War for Terra has finally begun.
[Military Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Beakers Dozen by Kevin P Gardner
John Fields spent his life devoted to science, a chemist slaving for the government on top-secret assignments — until the day his own creation killed the love of his life.
After running from his past for ten years, it catches up to him with the help of Richard Bach: oldest friend and worst enemy. Richard plans to use John’s weapon and wipe out humanity. Equipped with resources beyond John’s wildest imagination, Richard tempts his old friend into bringing down the corruption tangled throughout the world. The only problem? John has a conscience.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel – Amazon]
Hard Road by Terry McDonald
In the year, 2017 a plague decimates the global human population with a survival rate of only one in six hundred. One nation after another is infected and accusations of bio-terrorism lead to nuclear war. The Western Hemisphere is spared from any nukes but eventually the plague arrives in the USA leaving only a half million alive. A three-year nuclear winter kills even more. Social structure is nonexistent and anarchy is prevalent.
It is in this world that Jake Markett must travel to a refuge in South Georgia, a bastion of hope and safety for the few survivors who make it there.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel – Amazon]
The Last Survivors by Bobby Adair and T.W. Piperbrook
Three hundred years after the fall of society, the last fragments of civilization are clinging to life, living in the ruins of the ancient cities in nearly-medieval conditions. Technology has been reduced to legend, monsters roam the forests, and fear reigns supreme. But that is just the beginning…
The wind-borne spores are spreading, disfiguring men and twisting their minds, turning them into creatures that threaten to destroy the townships. Among the townsfolk, political and the religious, dissension is spreading.
Through it all, a mother must protect her son…
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Traitor (The Turner Chronicles #1) by Mark Eller
On the edge of a far frontier rests a place of gentle manners and common civility–Last Chance. Threats of war change all of that.
A hero is needed. A Savior. Meet Aaron Turner, the small unassuming man who runs the Last Chance General Store. He may not be all that they hoped for.
[Dystopian Science Fiction Adventure Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
The Road to Ascendance by Michael Smith
On May 2nd, 1999, a massive F5 tornado ripped through the small delta town of Cleveland, Mississippi. Hardest hit was the campus of Delta State University, where the top two floors of one of the dormitories was completely ripped away. Thirty six bodies were never found.
This is the story of those who were taken by the Maelstrom… and survived!
[Urban Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Soul Sphere: Book 1 The Shattered Sphere by David Adams
Evil has been unleashed in Arkania. The mage Solek, hungry for power, has smashed the Soul Sphere, an ancient device created to contain the Dark One, the very embodiment of evil. The shards of the Sphere have been scattered, and fearsome guardians stand watch over them. The free lands are now battered by attacks from armies of resurrected dead—The Dead Legion—and demons and other foul creatures roam the world.
[Epic Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
The Assassin’s Tale (Isle of Dreams #1) by Kirsten Jones
Secrets and death. The Isle is made of both. Enter a broiling mass of blood feuds and bitter conflicts between the battling races of Mage and Arcane. Life is a commodity to be bought and sold. To some it is murder, to the Valley of the Ri it is business. Mistral, an abandoned orphan, finds her way to the mysterious Valley of Ri to train as a warrior and assassin. There, amongst the dispossessed of the Isle, she finds there is so much more to life than death…
[YA Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Threshold Child (The Threshold Trilogy #1) by Callie Kanno
Adesina has been trained from childhood to serve her nation as a warrior and a spy. When she is selected to combat a group of seditious magic users, she must summon all of her abilities to defeat her enemies — including talents that have been buried in the deepest part of her.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon]