Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- @AE – The Canadian Science Fiction Review: “A Multiverse Love Story” by Jakob Drud [Science Fiction]
- Escape Pod #498 – “Everyone Will Want One” by Kelly Sandoval [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “Life on the Moon” by Tony Daniel [Science Fiction]
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “Escapement, or The Contemporary Coppelius” by Judith Field [Science Fiction / Steampunk]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “The Cork Won’t Stay” by Nate Southard [Horror – also available in audio]
- @The WiFiles: “King of the Hill” by Kevin Bannigan Jr. [Speculative Fiction]
- @Weird Fiction Review: “A Hard Truth About Waste Management” by Sumanth Prabhaker [Weird]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- “Between This and That” by Timothy Goss [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Spanners and Dust” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Ripening of the Blue” by Tom Hadrava [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Roamer” by Ian Hill [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Will Work For Electricity” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- Antipodean SF #204 – July 2015
- “A True Aussie Hero” by Chris McGrane [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Do Not Be Alarmed” by Harris Tobias [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Ebbets Field 1955” by Jeff Lancaster [Science Fiction Flash]
- “FG” by Mark Attwood [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Gene” by Tom Grayhorse [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Genocide” by Marg Essex [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Pulp Circa 1958 (Somewhere)” by Bart Meehan [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Good Shepherd” by Shaun A. Saunders [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Vulnerable Invulnerable World” by David Scholes [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction:
- Flash Fiction Online July 2015 [Speculative Flash Fiction Magazine]
- “Pieces of My Body” by Caroline M. Yoachim
- “Portrait of My Wife as a Boat” by Samantha Murray
- “The Disposition Matrix” by Brent Baldwin
- “Your Past Life Interferes With My Very Important Studies” by C. L. Holland
- @The Colored Lens: “First Try” by Derrick Boden [Science Fiction]
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Musketeer Space by Tansy Rayner Roberts – Part 60 – “The House of Athos” [Space Opera Serialization]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: Saltwater Railroad by Andrea Hairston – Part 1 [Fantasy Serialization – also available in audio]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #448 [Science Fiction Podcast]
- Beware the Hairy Mango #292 – “Aquafur” by Matthew Sanborn Smith
- Drabblecast #365 – “This Secular Technology” by Bogi Takács [Science Fiction]
- Escape Pod #498 – “Everyone Will Want One” by Kelly Sandoval [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- Far Fetched Fables #65 – “As the Wheel Turns” by Aliette de Bodard and “Adventuring” by Jennifer Donohue [Fantasy]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “The Cork Won’t Stay” by Nate Southard [Horror]
- @Welcome to Night Vale: “Bonus Episode 5 – Excerpt from the novel” [Fantasy Serial]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Relic Radio:
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Alive by Scott Sigler – Episode #4 [YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel Serialization]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: Saltwater Railroad by Andrea Hairston – Part 1 [Fantasy Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Charlie Robot by Benedict Martin
Meet Charlie. He’s a robot. Or so he claims.
It’s the near future, and a tiny robotics lab in Vancouver, B.C is preparing to unveil the world’s first artificial human to a select gathering of investors. Unfortunately the android ran away before it could be shown, and with the lab’s funding hanging in the balance, mild-mannered Charlie is coerced by his boss and laboratory founder, Dr. Doug Layton, to pose as the robot until the real machine can be found. But it’s a nightmare, and as the weeks pass and there is still no sign of the run-away android, Charlie is left with a difficult decision, continue the charade or come clean. Either way, his life will never be the same.
[Science Fiction Humor Novel – Amazon]
Star Wanderers: Outworlder (Part I) by Joe Vasicek
He wanders the stars in search of a home. Instead, he got a girl without one.
When Jeremiah arrived at Megiddo Station, all he wanted was to make some trades and resupply his starship. He never thought he’d come away with a wife.
Before he knows it, he’s back on his ship, alone with his accidental bride. Since neither of them speak the same language, he has no way to tell her that there’s been a terrible mistake. And because of the deadly famine ravaging her home, there’s no going back. She’s entirely at his mercy, and that terrifies him more than anything.
Jeremiah isn’t ready to take responsibility for anyone. He’s a star wanderer, roaming the Outworld frontier in search of his fortune. Someday he’ll settle down, but for now, he just wants to drop the girl off at the next port and move on.
As he soon finds out, though, she has other plans.
[Science Fiction Romance Novella – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Sullivan’s War (The Sullivan Saga #1) by Michael K. Rose
On Earth, a powerful politician has been murdered. When he’s assigned to the case, Agent Frank Allen soon discovers that the man responsible, Rick Sullivan, is not yet finished killing. But Allen will also discover that Rick Sullivan is not the man he appears to be, and the war he’s fighting, a war to rid his home planet of its oppressive government, is not his only battle.
As Allen pursues Sullivan across the known galaxy, he begins to question his own beliefs and loyalties. Will Allen be able to stop Rick Sullivan before he kills again? Does he really want to? As their lives become increasingly intertwined, both men realize they must face truths about themselves that neither of them are prepared for. And some of those truths will have consequences that neither of them could have ever imagined.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
The Black Ships by A.G. Claymore
Our planet was just one small island in the midst of a vast, empty sea. For millennia, its inhabitants thought they were alone – until they took their first tentative steps out of the cradle. As the nations of Earth struggle to establish a fragile colony on the surface of Mars, they suddenly lose all contact with their settlers.
In the days that follow, it becomes abundantly clear that humans are not the only ones intent on exploiting the resources of the solar archipelago. In a desperate bid for freedom, Humanity must undergo social and economic changes on a scale previously unheard of.
In the midst of growing turmoil, the struggle to build an effective defense leads the species to a turning point. The smallest of chances may determine the difference between freedom or eternal subjugation.
[Science Fiction Novel – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
What Remains by James Fuller
It happened so fast, it spread through the world like wildfire. It was impossible to control and almost impossible to fight…
Ten years has passed since an infectious virus nearly consumed all of mankind. Millions died, millions more became infected, changed, became mindless, feral hunters bent on the consumption of living flesh.
Archer was a solitary man, scavenging what he could to survive off the ruins of the world that no longer existed. A world gone mad, where those who still lived were just as great of threat as those who were infected. Without knowing it he finds himself in possession of a map that leads to a hidden sanctuary with the possible means to stop it all. All he has to do, is get her there alive…
[YA Post-Apocalyptic Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Children of the Shaman: A Journey through Ice and Time (Mir: Shamanworld #1) by Jessica Rydill
An ancient power returns.
A world is trapped in time and snow.
The only hope: a young outcast.
In the remote interior of Lefranu someone – or something – has been killing railway workers. Driving a tunnel under the forest, they have started to die, horribly.
Yuda Vasilyevich, a shaman, is sent to investigate.
Yuda brings with him the teenage children he deserted when they were small: spikey Annat, a shaman like her father, and bookish Malchik, who has not forgotten his father’s mistreatment of their mother.
When Malchik is drawn into the underworld, Yuda and Annat set out to find him; so begins a perilous journey into a world of ice, with danger ahead and an implacable enemy behind them. Only they can solve the mystery and defeat the power of the Cold One.
[Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
House of Slide: Hotblood by Juliann Whicker
He stole a kiss from the wrong girl…
Left without a soul, 17-year-old Dariana Sanders waited to die. There was nothing left to live for, nothing to feel besides the aching cold that never stopped. Her parent’s marriage was in shambles, and her brother, the only one who understood, the only one who knew how to make the cold go away, was gone forever. The only thing Dariana knew with absolute certainty was that nothing could possibly be right again. Enter Lewis Axel Nialls. Luckily for her, impossible is right up his alley. He can save her from the forces that wish to destroy her. Of course who’s going to save him, from her?
[YA Fantasy Romance Novel – Amazon]
The Child Prince (The Artifactor #1) by Honor Raconteur
Sevana Warran, reigning prodigy Artifactor of the age, has absolutely no desire to selflessly serve her fellow man. She wants, in fact, to be left alone so that she can putter about in her workroom.
But her efforts in avoiding other people prove to be in vain. The reigning family of Windamere is no longer sitting upon the throne and the Council has instead taken power. The sole hope of avoiding the evil machinations of the Council is Bellomi Dragonmanovich, Prince of Windamere. As a twenty-one year old cursed into the body of a perpetual eight year old, he lacks the power and ability to stop the Council.
Sevana, after a judicious review of the situation, decides that she cannot let things continue. If she did, she’d never be left alone and would instead be buried in paperwork if the Council has anything to say about it. So she kidnaps the prince from where he was locked away in the palace and sets about breaking his curse.
Prince and Artifactor quickly realize that simply breaking the curse won’t be enough to free Windamere from the Council. It will take training, cunning, allies, information and more than just a little magic if they are to reclaim the throne.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Horror
Body of Immorality: Tales of Madness and the Macabre by Brandon Berntson
Seventeen original tales of the macabre that teeter precariously between the brink of madness and sanity. Death is never quite the end…let alone an escape…and blood is spilled by the gallons.
[Horror Collection – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Get Off My L@wn by Perry Kivolowitz
Silicon Valley rainmaker Doug Handsman has “retired” back to his wife Ruth Ann’s native Wisconsin.
Zombies are massing in hordes numbering in the millions.
The Government has an agenda. Ruth Ann has stone cold hunter’s skills and Doug has a data center.
[Zombie Novel – Amazon]