Interviews & Profiles
- Dallas Morning News interviews Ernest Cline, author of Armada.
- Fantasy Faction interviews Michael J. Martinez, author of The Venusian Gambit.
- The Guardian interviews NK Jemisin, author of The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth).
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Sebastien de Castell, author of Traitor’s Blade.
- Luna Station Quarterly interviews AJ Fitzwater.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Alis Franklin, author of Stormbringer.
- NPR interviews E.L. Doctorow, author of Andrew’s Brain.
- The Qwillery interviews Robert Brockway, author of The Unnoticeables.
- Suvudu interviews Kevin P. Keating, author of The Captive Condition.
- Vulture interviews Michael Bazzell, technical assistant for USA’s Mr. Robot, a hacking drama that has been widely praised for its technical accuracy.
- Netflix Confirms Premiere of Marvel’s JESSICA JONES in Late 2015. Jessica Jones Showrunner Reveals Series Will Be Even More Grounded Than Daredevil.
- Nerds Rejoice! Features of Pluto’s Moon Charon to be Named After Sci-Fi Heroes.
Events & Event News
- Today is the LAST DAY to Vote for the 2015 Hugo Award and John W. Campbell Award.
- Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek & Sundry) will appear at BookPeople in Austin, TX on Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 6:00 PM to sign her new book YOU’RE NEVER WEIRD ON THE INTERNET (ALMOST)!
- The Cards of Cthulhu – Beyond the Veil Expansion – An epic expansion to our Cards of Cthulhu card game! Featuring a new Cult Board! New Investigators! New Cards!
- Keep, Leave – A Sci-Fi Film – In 2096, technology exists giving people the power to erase memories from their minds, but at a cost substantially higher than money.
- Z-Mob – Six survivors must defend a lone scientist from a steadily increasing zombie horde while they perfect a cure to save the world.
- 7 Award-Winning Science Fiction Authors Who Wrote Film Novelizations.
- Abandon All Hope – Why We’d Be Screwed if Aliens Invaded.
- As we barrel towards the middle of summer, io9 looks at what’s worked and what really, really hasn’t in this year’s would-be blockbusters.
- Diabolical Plots explains Why do I Value the Hugos?
- Do Characters Belong to Their Fans or Their Creators?
- GamesRadar names the Feature 50 greatest monster movies of all time.
- Hopes&Fears offers The ultimate guide to analog control panels in sci-fi movies.
- If all of these minds are telling us not to create Skynet, we probably shouldn’t.
- Learn more about the herculean effort to document every single change ever made to the Star Wars trilogy, and some of the misguided choices why why WHYYYY edits.
- Let’s Talk About Brandon Sanderson’s Cosmere… and its Similarities to Final Fantasy.
- LitHub discusses How to make a modern monster.
- Marvel Should Release The Longer Cut Of Age of Ultron Theatrically complains io9.
- Max Gladstone on writing urban fantasy in a secondary world.
- Robert Tercek: Science fiction is going to become the new normal.
- Robots can kill but they do not understand us.
- Tor.com looks ahead to August Releases in Fantasy and Science Fiction..
- Tor.com suggests Five Books About The Monstrous.
- Victor Milán On Mixing Culture, Language, and Thunder Lizards.
- What Does George R. R. Martin Have to do With The Dinosaur Lords ?
- Why the Argument Against a Ban on Autonomous Killer Robots Falls Flat.
- Calamityware: a classy (if twisted) reminder that life could be worse.
- Every Year I Crochet Superheroes And Hide Them In San Diego For People To Find.
- GIFs Showcase The Crazy Cars From Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Gorgeous 3D Tribute to Hayao Miyazaki.
- The serene robot art of KMNDZ can’t be undone.
More Fun Stuff
- How Robots Could Build a Radio Telescope on Far Side of the Moon.
- Physicist Claims Time Traveling Creates Doppelgangers that Annihilate Each Other.
- Read an excerpt from The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Court of Fives by Kate Elliott at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Witches of Lychford by Theresa DeLucci at Tor.com.
- Terminator-Like Vision Could Help Robots Do Our Dishes say scientists. Me? I’d just be happy for scientists to stop using the term “Terminator-like.”
- Watch an honest trailer for Mission: Impossible from Screen Junkies.
- Watch Portal Combat, an awesome PORTAL Parody Fan-Film.