*UPDATE* (7/20/15): “The Opium Eater” by David Morrell has just been added to the table of contents (as a print-edition-only bonus), as per the editor.
About the book:
nEvermore! Tales of Murder, Mystery and the Macabre is an homage to the great American writer, the incomparable Edgar Allan Poe, and a must-have for every fan of his work.
Compiled by multi-award winning editors, Nancy Kilpatrick and Caro Soles, nEvermore! Tales of Murder, Mystery and the Macabre presents a tantalizing selection of imaginative stories by New York Times bestselling and prize-winning authors.
Featuring works by: Margaret Atwood; Kelley Armstrong; Richard Christian Matheson; Tanith Lee; William F. Nolan (with Jason Brock & Sunni Brock); Nancy Holder; Christopher Rice; Chelsea Quinn Yarbro; Michael Jecks; Lisa Morton; J. Madison Davis; Barbara Fradkin, Colleen Anderson, Robert Bose, Jane Petersen Burfield, Rick Chiantaretto, Robert Lopresti, David McDonald, Loren Rhoads, Thomas S. Roche, and Carol Weekes & Michael Kelly.
This anthology consists of 21 original tales that blend supernatural and mystery elements in unique reimaginings of Edgar Allan Poe’s exquisite stories.
Here’s the table of contents:
- “A Rather Scholarly View of Edgar Allan Poe, Genre Crosser” by Uwe Sommerlad
- “The Gold Bug Conundrum” by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- “Street of the Dead House” by Robert Lopresti
- “Naomi” by Christopher Rice
- “Finding Ulalume” by Lisa Morton
- “Obsession With the Bloodstained” by Rick Chiantaretto
- “The Lighthouse” by Barbara Fradkin
- “The Masques of Amanda Llado” by Thomas S. Roche
- “Atargatis” by Robert Bose
- “The Ravens of Consequence” by Carol Weekes and Michael Kelly
- “Annabel Lee” by Nancy Holder
- “Dinner With Mamalou” by J. Madison Davis
- “The Deave Lane” by Michael Jecks
- “133” by Richard Christian Matheson
- “Afterlife” by William F. Nolan and Jason V. Brock and Sunni K. Brock
- “The Drowning City” by Loren Rhoads
- “The Orange Cat” by Kelley Armstrong
- “The Inheritance” by Jane Petersen Burfield
- “Sympathetic Impulses” by David McDonald
- “Asylum” by Colleen Anderson
- “The Return of Berenice” by Tanith Lee
- “The Eye of Heaven” by Margaret Atwood
- “The Opium Eater” by David Morrell (print-edition-only bonus)