It’s hard to believe it has been nearly a year since The Three Hoarsemen met in meatspace in a hidden sanitarium in upstate New York shortly after John Stevens received his cybernetic upgrades. For this episode, your hosts battle the gremlins of scheduling and meet in cyberspace along the same line of longitude but at differing latitudes. With Jeff Patterson melting from the insides in the south, Fred Kiesche battling conga line dancing viruses in the middle and John Stevens working his way through the stacks in the north we take pause…
…and bring you our nearly most epic episode to date (at least in terms of sheer running time or time that it took John to pause to take a breath). You want rambling? You got rambling! From a breakdown of the works nominated in nearly all the categories of this year’s Hugo’s covered by John Stevens we segue to a discussion about reading and self-education by Fred Kiesche. Jeff Patterson attempts to unravel the tangled mysteries of Marvel’s Secret Wars. We conclude with our usual (snicker) brief look at what culture we have consumed since our last episode (as usual, The Hoarsemen are not to be held responsible for any damage to your wallet!).
Imagine how long the episode would have been if we had had our scheduled guest! Not to worry, she or he will be on in the future and we’re lining up many more folks to browbeat—errr—converse with into next year!
Running time: One hour, fifty-four minutes.
- A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
- Searchers After Horror: New Tales of the Weird and Fantastic by S.T. Joshi (editor)
- Vast: Books 3 of the Nanotech Succession by Linda Nagata
- Where the Bodies Were Buried: Whitey Bulger and the World That Made Him by T.J. English
- The History of African Cities South of the Sahara by Catherine Coquery-Vidrovitch (Mary Baker, Translator)
- Valor in Vietnam—Chronicles of Honor, Courage and Sacrifice, 1963–1977 by Allen B. Clark
- Wasteland: The Apocalyptic Edition (Volume 1) by Antony Johnston, Christopher J. Mitten and Ben Templesmith
- Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: Black Vortex by “Marvel Comics”
- Imperial Radch 2: Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie
- Marvel’s Secret Wars (2015)
- Chronoauts 1
- Deep State Volume 1
- The Fuse Volume 1: The Russian Shift
- The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast
- Trailer for “The Martian”
- Goodbye to Earth Video
- SFF Reviews
- Sam Weller’s Listen to the Echoes
- The Year in Books
- The Year in Shorts
© 2015 SF Signal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org