As the New Horizons probe hurtles past Pluto in the dark beyond, a con-crud-stricken John E. O. Stevens regales Fred Kiesche and Jeff Patterson with his adventures at Readercon. Then attentions turn to special guest Hoarsewoman Stina Leicht (on book release day, no less) to talk about her new novel Cold Iron.
The discussion includes forty years of Dhalgren, writing protocols, book budgets, historical baggage, the bookstore landscape, eels, and our relationship with violence.
As always, The Hoarsemen recount the books, comics, podcasts, and television that have occupied their free time.
Run time: 1 hr 36 min
- Cold Iron by Stina Leicht
- Dhalgren by Samuel R. Delany
- How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays by Umberto Eco
- Cunning Plans by Warren Ellis
- Swords of Sorrow: Dejah Thoris & Irene Adler by Leah Moore & Francesco Manna (Dynamite)
- Around the Roman Table: Food and Feasting in Ancient Rome by Patrick Faas
- Three Moments of an Explosion by China Mieville
- The Year’s Best Science Fiction by Gardner Dozois
- Lando by Charles Soule & Alex Maleev (Marvel)
- Fred’s 2015: The Year in Books–70!
- Fred’s 2015: The Year in Shorts–536!
- Laura Kiesche: Night Vale Intern!
- John at Readercon – the Dhalgren at 40 panel
- Jo Walton – Samuel Delany’s SF Reading Protocols
- Swords of Sorrow
- Schlock Mercenary
© 2015 SF Signal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org