Interviews & Profiles
- 20th Century Fox interviews Ridley Scott and Matt Damon of The Martian.
- Huffington Post interviews Eleanor Herman, author of Legacy of Kings.
- My Bookish Ways interviews David Hofmeyr, author of Stone Rider.
- The Qwillery interviews James L. Sutter, Executive Editor for Paizo Publishing.
- Reddit recently held an AMA with Patrick Stewart, star of BattleStar Galactica.
- SFFWorld interviews Lucas Thorn, author of Trail of the Necromancer.
- ScienceFiction.com interviews Ben Tripp, author of The Fifth House of the Heart.
- SlashFilm interviews Dave Erickson, showrunner of Fear the Walking Dead.
- The 2015 Hugo Award Winners have been announced, and if you are interested in how close the race was this year, you can check out the voting stats here.
- Einstein proves Star Trek right, theoretically.
- Nerdist has teamed with InkShares to host a Sci-Fi and Fantasy writing contest!
- Real-Life Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti to Appear in Star Trek Fan Film.
Events & Event News
- Join Midtown Comics Downtown in New York City for a special event as they welcome friend of the store and artist Sean Gordon Murphy for a signing of Chrononauts Vol 1 TP and Tokyo Ghost #1 at Friday, September 18th at 6:30pm! RSVP on Facebook.
- Tyson Hesse appears at Secret Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA on Wednesday, September 9th at 6:00 pm to sign the first issue of his new new all ages fantasy adventure comic, DIESEL!
- All Fathomed Out – A Board Game of Oceanic Exploration – Ply the briny deep in a race to catalog aquatic species previously unknown to science! A 30-45 minute game for 3-6.
- Earth 667C Spaceship Building Board Game – In 2087, the Sun will go supernova. Build the fastest spaceship carrying the most survivors and save humanity from extinction.
- 5 Rides We Want to See at Disney’s Star Wars Land.
- 12 Experiences Only Book-Lovers Had In College.
- 7 Unique Must-Read YA Dystopias, as chosen by The Young Folks.
- Are You a Thinking Thing? Why Debating Machine Consciousness Matters.
- Buffy a part of pop culture’s current nostalgia obsession? Buffy is mentioned (and illustrated) in Pat Saperstein’s Variety piece on how nostalgia is seemingly having a particularly firm grip over much of the internet and pop culture/fandom in general.
- Climate change is so dire we need a new kind of science fiction to make sense of it.
- David Brin calls this Our best year in space yet!
- Doctor Who’s “Kill The Moon” is Worth Reconsidering.
- Five Books That Dump You into a Pit of Despair, as chosen by Tor.com.
- The Martian is NASA’s greatest pro-space propaganda since the fake Moon landing.
- Sci-fi writer John Scalzi takes on the big issues on and off the page.
- Science fiction and social justice: giving up on utopias.
- Space Advocates Hope to Use The Martian Movie to Encourage Political Support for Mars Missions. Kinda like using Robinson Crusoe to promote Caribbean vacations.
- Star Wars: A Guide to The Force Awakens Tie-In Novels, Comics.
- Top 10 Actors To Play Han Solo In Star Wars Spinoff, as chosen by Forbes.
- Tor.com calls Ray Bradbury The Best Writing Teacher You Could Ever Have.
- UPRoxx explains How To Make Supervillainy Your Unofficial Major In College. What they don’t explain is how to get a job afterwards that doesn’t involve pouring coffee. Thanks for nothing once again UPRoxx.
- Utopia or Dystopia asks Do Extraterrestrials Philosophize?
- Why you should be watching Killjoys from the creator of Lost Girl.
- You’ve Totally Got to Read These Sci-Fi Women Writers.
- Jacky Wan recently designed a Steampunk-style Iron Man Hand to help kids come to terms with their prosthetic. It’s fantastic and the files are free to download.
- Nothing says Bad to the Bone like decking your motorcycle out in steampunk trappings
- Quill and Pad calls Frank Buchwald’s Nixie Machine “Science Fiction Incarnate.”
More Fun Stuff
- 11 real-life sci-fi weapons that are the future of war.
- 26 Fundamental Constants in Our Universe, But They Still Don’t Give Everything.
- Check Out The Minority Report Featurette Which Helps Set Up The New TV Show.
- Let’s explore science fiction’s glorious hallways.
- Marvel DubSmash War of 2015.
- Star Wars if It Were Directed by Social-Realist UK Filmmaker Ken Loach.