Interviews & Profiles
- Barnes & Noble interviews Chuck Wendig, author of Zer0es.
- Electric Literature interviews E.L. Doctorow, author of The Book of Daniel.
- The Qwillery interviews Stephen Moore, author of Graynelore.
- SFFWorld interviews Nancy Collins, author of A Dozen Black Roses.
- SheKnows interviews Felicia Day, author of You’re Never Weird on the Internet.
- Suvudu interviews Kirsty Logan, author of The Gracekeepers.
- USAToday interviews Anna Kashina, author of The Guild of Assassins.
- USAToday interviews Colleen Houck, author of Reawakened.
- For the first time, astronauts ate fresh lettuce they’d grown from seed. I want this to be the premise of a sci-fi horror film sooo badly.
- J. J. Abrams Confirms He’s Not Directing Star Wars: Episode IX.
Events & Event News
- Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek & Sundry) appears at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, AZ on Monday, August 17, 2015 at 7:00 PM to sign her new book YOU’RE NEVER WEIRD ON THE INTERNET (ALMOST)!
- John Picacio has posted his itinerary for the The World Science Fiction Convention.
- Simon Fraser (artist of 11th Doctor Who series) appears at Midtown Comics Downtown in New York City on Saturday, August 15th from 2:00 till 4:00 PM as part of their Doctor Who Day celebration! Plus Midtown Comics will hold a Doctor Who-themed trivia contest and a sale on Doctor Who items. Check with the store for further details. RSVP
- William Shatner Will Head up a Star Trek Cruise in January of 2017.
- Outlast The Zombie Card Game – an inexpensive, simple mechanics, intensely strategic, highly competitive zombie game played with a standard deck of cards.
- Robotica – Purchase your robots and go to battle in this strategic card and dice game.
- Transreality: New Worlds – a graphic novel about a 21st century man exploring a post-singularity, transhuman universe.
- Review: The Dark Forest a “Mind-Bending Blend of Splashy SF and Serious Science.”
- Review: Who Hacks the Hackers? Zer0es by Chuck Wendig.
- 9 Comic Book Characters That Deserve Their Own TV Show.
- 17 Things We Just Learned About Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Author Bruce Sterling Testified to Congress in 1993 as a Time Traveler From 2015.
- Louise Marley, author of The Child Goddess, discusses the state of social science fiction.
- Barnes and Nobles has a nice list of 8 Dated Science Fiction Novels That Are Still Essential Reading, to which I would add The Martian Chronicles.
- “BE ASTOUNDED!” – The Magazine That Created Swedish Science Fiction.
- The Best Moments and Episodes of Mr. Robot So Far.
- A brief history of cinema practical effects, in 10 films.
- Five Reasons Why Man of Steel is Better Than Anything Marvel Created Ever.
- Five SFF Stories Complicated by Intact Family Relationships.
- How The Water Knife matches up uncomfortably well with current drought scenarios.
- In praise of the sci-fi corridor and Screenshots of corridors from SF movies.
- Kinja considers The Way of Kings, and the formula of Fantasy.
- New Doctor Who Trailer Literally Promises “Same Old, Same Old.”
- Revealing Star Wars surnames would be spoilery, you say?
- September 2015 Must Reads in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror.
- Spooky themes in major keys! Fox Mulder searches for the Ocarina of Time…
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Character Names Explained.
- The Victorian Hugos: 1894 Brings The First Great Female Mad Scientist In Literature.
- Wanna read the letters of Ursula K. LeGuin, Joanna Russ, and Kate Wilhelm?
- We Want Quirky Spy Flicks, Not Generic Action Movies.
- What Are the Best Sci-Fi Film Scores of All Time?
- Why Finding the Original 1977 Star Wars Verges on the Impossible: A short time ago in a galaxy very, very near to here, I set out on a mission to find a movie classic.
- Why The Man from UNCLE Is Still an Indispensable Spy TV Show.
- Wonderfully Weird: The Fiction of Charlie Jane Anders.
- Madventure Time! is an animated mash-up of Mad Max and Adventure Time!
- TotoROCKET – a My Neighbor Totoro / Rocket Raccoon mash-up.
More Fun Stuff
- Cover Art: Farryn’s War by Christie Meierz.
- CoverGirl Officially Announces STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Makeup Line.
- Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner Were on TV Together Years Before Star Trek.
- Listen to Arthur C. Clarke reading his Classic Sci-Fi works Childhood’s End and “The Star.”
- Loving Dad Designs Star Wars Themed Corrective Helmets for his Son’s recovery.
- Okilly Dokilly, the Metal Band Based Entirely on Ned Flanders.
- Read an excerpt from Little Robot by Ben Hatke at Tor.com.
- Watch a trailer for Hateful Eight, which looks like a Tarantino’s Cowboy Take on Clue.
- Watch the Web Series Heroes Reborn: Dark Matters online. Don’t trample each other in your rush to satisfy your hunger for more Heroes!