Interviews & Profiles
- Barnes & Noble interviews Zen Cho, author of .
- Blastr interviews Matt Damon, star of The Martian.
- LA Review of Books interviews John Scalzi, author of The End of All Things.
- The Nation interviews Samuel R. Delany, author of A, B, C: Three Short Novels.
- ScienceFiction.com interviews authors Debbie Viguié And James R. Tuck.
- SFFWorld interviews Andy Remic, author of The Dragon Engine.
- Suvudu interviews Kirsty Logan, author of The Gracekeepers.
- Astrobiologist thinks Mars Colonies Should Declare Their Independence from Earth. As a Babylon 5 fan, I can already tell you that this doesn’t end well.
- Ridley Scott Is Working on Prometheus 2 Right After The Martian… sooo goodie… I think.
- Terry Pratchett “was working on new Discworld stories when he died” teases Guardian.
- USA delays Mr. Robot finale over similarities to WDBJ7 shooting.
Events & Event News
- Felicia Day & Lev Grossman Brought the Internet to NYC for Day’s Book Signing.
- Humble Bundle is teaming up with HighBridge Audio to launch an audiobook bundle showcasing Star Wars, introducing these classic NPR radio dramas to a whole new generation. The Humble Audiobook Bundle: Star Wars runs for two weeks and ends Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 11 a.m. Pacific time.
- This weekend the Boise Public Library in Boise, Idaho will host their third annual comic convention with guests writers and artists including Nate Powell, Steve Lieber, Victoria Jamieson, Joëlle Jones, Farel Dalrymple, Theo Ellsworth, Emi Lenox, Leila del Duca, Natalie Nourigat, Sara Ryan, Terry Blas, Joe Keatinge, Ben Dewey, and Lukas Ketner! The event will also include a Costume Contest, Special Programs, Creator Panels, and Meetups. For more details click the link! RSVP on Facebook.
- “The Way it Begins” is a short film starring Amy Acker.
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Doctor Who episode “Vincent and the Doctor.”
- 40 Years of Hacker Science Fiction in 7 Notable Works.
- The 5 Deadliest Games in SF/F.
- Aaron Pound on “Biased Opinion: 2015 Hugo Awards Post-Mortem.”
- Allan Davis on LewRockwell.com: “We Had To Burn The Hugos To Save Them.”
- Arthur Chu on the Hugos: “The scifi fans are alright: I saw the future at the Hugo Awards – and it will never belong to the tox right-wing trolls.”
- Diving In: Four authors reinvent the short story.
- A Dribble of Ink highlights Django Wexler’s nuanced female characters.
- Falling Skies is a cautionary tale for good ideas, and terrible execution.
- Forgotten Book: Space For Hire by William F. Nolan. (1971)
- From Cthulhu to Christ: Why H. P. Lovecraft’s Cosmic Despair Is Still Worth Reading.
- Gerrard Cowan writes on The beginning, middle and end of planning a trilogy.
- Gregory G. Hullender offers his translation of a French news article about the Puppies on Greg’s Reflections: “Part of the fun of reading a foreign language is getting a very different perspective on issues. As a science-fiction fan, I’ve been curious what the Europeans would make of this year’s “Sad Puppy” affair.”
- How Did a Show Like Mr. Robot End Up on USA when it clearly belongs on SyFy? J/K
- How Mr. Robot Hacks TV’s Empathy Machine.
- Lovecraft’s racism a tough issue at NecronomiCon Providence. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Patrick Rothfuss shares a few thoughts on the late author Terry Pratchett.
- Six Upcoming Original Sci-Fi Movies that Should Be on Your Radar.
- Vigilante Computer Geeks Reign In The Addictive Mr. Robot.
- Welcome to The Supernatural Underground discusses Great Dialog.
- We Got This Covered picks The 6 Best Super Powers In Cinema.
- Being Banksy’s Roommate Sucks!
- Self-transforming Optimus Prime cake is a true birthday miracle.
- Zombie-A-Day Challenge by Kate Moon.
More Fun Stuff
- The Evolution of Batman in Cinema. Trigger Warning: Bat Nipples.
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Superman flying on a drone.
- Listen to an excerpt of Witches of Lychford by Danielle Prielipp at Tor.com.
- Listen to Kurt Vonnegut Read Slaughterhouse-Five , Cat’s Cradle & Other Novels.
- Read an excerpt from Luna: New Moon by Ian McDonald at Tor.com.
- Star Wars Snuck a New Teaser Onto Instagram.
- Terry Pratchett was essentially a perfect quote machine. Here are some of his best.
- Watch a GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Animated Origin Short For Drax the Destroyer.
- Watch James Spader in his motion-capture suit for Age of Ultron. (The movie is out September 8th on digital HD platforms and Disney Movies.)