Hey, check it out! Innsmouth Free Press will be publishing She Walks in Shadows edited by Silvia Moreno-Garcia and Paula R. Stiles, and it’s up for preorder (at a bit of a discount)! Interior artwork is by Sara Bardi, Shelby Denham, Lisa A. Grabenstetter, Karen Hollingsworth, Cindy Lewis, Liv Rainey-Smith, Pia Ravenari, Diana Thung, and Kathryn Weaver. Thanks to io9 for calling attention to it!
The table of contents is below, but first, a little about the book:
They emerge from the shadows, to claim the night ….
Women from around the world delve into Lovecraftian depths, penning and illustrating a variety of Weird horrors. The pale and secretive Lavinia Whatley wanders through the woods, Asenath is a precocious teenager with an attitude, and the Ancient Egyptian pharaoh Nitocris has found a new body in distant America. And do you have time to hear a word from our beloved mother Shub-Niggurath?
Defiant, destructive, terrifying, and harrowing, the women in She Walks in Shadows are monsters and mothers, heroes and devourers. Observe them in all their glory. Iä! Iä!
Here’s the table of contents (a larger cover follows):
- “Bitter Perfume” Laura Blackwell
- “Violet is the Color of Your Energy” Nadia Bulkin
- “Body to Body to Body” Selena Chambers
- “Magna Mater” Arinn Dembo
- “De Deabus Minoribus Exterioris Theomagicae” Jilly Dreadful
- “Hairwork” Gemma Files
- “The Head of T’la-yub” Nelly Geraldine García-Rosas (translated by Silvia Moreno-Garcia)
- “Bring the Moon to Me” Amelia Gorman
- “Chosen” Lyndsey Holder
- “Eight Seconds” Pandora Hope
- “Cthulhu of the Dead Sea” Inkeri Kontro
- “Turn out the Lights” Penelope Love
- “The Adventurer’s Wife” Premee Mohamed
- “Notes Found in a Decommissioned Asylum, December 1961″ Sharon Mock
- “The Eye of Juno” Eugenie Mora
- “Ammutseba Rising” Ann K. Schwader
- “Cypress God” Rodopi Sisamis
- “Lavinia’s Wood” Angela Slatter
- “The Opera Singer” Priya Sridhar
- “Provenance” Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- “The Thing in The Cheerleading Squad” Molly Tanzer
- “Lockbox” E. Catherine Tobler
- “When She Quickens” Mary Turzillo
- “Shub-Niggurath’s Witnesses” Valerie Valdes
- “Queen of a New America” Wendy N. Wagner