Interviews & Profiles
- Examiner.com interviews David Walton, author of Supersymmetry.
- Omnivoracious interviews R. A. Salvatore, author of Archmage.
- The PalmBeachPost interviews Lesley Conner, author of The Weight of Chains.
- StarTalk’s Neil deGrasse Tyson and Edward Snowden talk about SETI!
- Suvud interviews Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski, author of Nightfall.
- Twin Cities Geek interviews T. A. Wardrope, author of Arcadian Gates.
- The WallStreet Journal interviews Thomas Ligotti, author of Songs of a Dead Dreamer.
- THE ADDAMS FAMILY TV Series Vinyl Soundtrack Announced.
- Fall Fiction Contest \ $2000 + Publication.
- Francis Lawrence to Produce TV Adaptation of Neverwhere.
- The Museum of Science Fiction of Washington, DC has called for submissions to its new triannual Journal of Science Fiction. The first issue will appear in January 2016.
- Oyster, the Netflix of e-books, to shut down.
Events & Event News
- Cartoonist Judd Winick, creator of Pedro & Me, Barry Ween: Boy Genius, and more, appears at Comix Experience in San Francisco, CA on Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM to sign his new children’s book, Hilo: The Boy who Crashed To Earth. RSVP
- Cecil Castellucci (The Plain Janes, Tin Star) appears at Barnes & Noble in Montclair, CA on Saturday October 10, 2015 at 10:00 AM to sign Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure for Star Wars Reads Day!
- K. Tempest Bradford is teaching a short fiction class at The Brainery, an online learning shop dedicated to classes and workshops for speculative fiction writers. (There’s also one called Science Fiction fairy Tales.)
- Singapore Writers Festival 2015 info is up, Includes Ken Liu and others as speakers! Via
- Randall “XKCD” Munroe’s Thing Explainer book-tour dates have been announced.
- For The King – Embark on a perilous adventure with turn-based combat and strategic exploration in this single player and online cooperative roguelike.
- The Icarus Project – A New Sci Fi Skirmish Wargame – a sci-fi Skirmish wargame where two or more Strike Forces do battle to help save, or destroy, the galaxy.
- Long List Anthology – celebrate short fiction from the Hugo Award’s longer list of nominated works, chosen by Hugo voters.
- KEEPERS OF THE MOON&SUN – english edition – graphic novel – revealing the truth about the balance between the Moon and Sun.
- Book Review: The Long Run: Luna: New Moon by Ian McDonald.
- Book Review: Margaret Atwood’s The Heart Goes Last: A satire of unbridled capitalism.
- Book Review: Of Jellyfish, Otjize, and Afrofuturism: Binti by Nnedi Okorafor.
- Aaron French compares horror traditions in “Past and Future: Esoteric and Exoteric Philosophy in Weird Fiction” on Nameless Digest.
- Adam-Troy Castro has written some good advice in his new blog post, Writers: The Long-Term Benefits of Not Being An Ass.
- Dispatches From the Future’s Past: How a collection of sci-fi fanzines helps us understand the prehistory of the Internet.
- Doctor Who’s Jenna Coleman urges BBC to move on Sir Peter Jackson directed episode.
- Ecological, Creative & Spiritual Future or Hi-Tech Dystopia? The Choice is Ours.
- Five Books about Girls Disguised as Boys, as picked by Tor.com.
- GamesRadar picks The top 50 TV detectives of all time
- How Minority Report and The Man in the High Castle build sci-fi worlds
- The Inspiration Behind the Top Ten Novels in Our Inkshares Sci-Fi and Fantasy Contest
- io9 has a crazy theory about Darth Vader and The Force Awakens.
- Is Doctor Who no longer “event” television?
- Lincoln Michel asks Is It Time for Literary Magazines to Rethink the Slush?
- Ridley Scott Reveals Surprising Plan for the Future of the Prometheus Franchise, the biggest surprise being that there’s a future for the Prometheus franchise.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Everything you need to know.
- Strong Heroines and Our Hunger to Hear Their Stories.
- Why Brave New World is no longer the terrifying dystopia it used to be.
- Why You Shouldn’t Bother With Minority Report Or Any Fox Sci-Fi Series: “Fox has an insanely bad history with science fiction series. […] Fox has shown time and time again they can take a perfectly good series and completely flush it with poor management and executive decisions.”
- Explosive New Star Wars X-Wing Artwork by Jerry Vanderstelt.
- Gritty Punk Femme Fatales by Ignacio Fernández Ríos.
- “Sci-Fi City” by emanshiu.
- Stormtrooper Elite Concept Art by Mohammed Z. Mukhtar.
More Fun Stuff
- Add this huge vinyl sticker for your door to the list of “Han Solo in Carbonite” products.
- Automats: The Utopian Future or a Return to a Dystopian Past?
- Be a Solar System Ambassador for NASA.
- U.S. Marines drill with Google headless robot dog.
- Watch a trailer for Heroes Reborn that seemingly confirms a big character death.