Interviews & Profiles
- An Astrobiologist interviews Kim Stanley Robinson, about How to Survive the Anthropocene.
- The Coode Street interviews Zen Cho, author of Sorcerer to the Crown.
- Hartford Courant interviews R. A. Salvatore, author of Archmage.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Adrian Barnes, author of Nod.
- On Youtube, Cecil Baldwin talks about Welcome to Night Vale.
- The Qwillery interviews Cindy Dees, author of The Sleeping King.
- Rocket Talk interviews Bradley P. Beaulieu, author of Twelve Kings in Sharakai.
- George R.R. Martin to Play a Zombie on Syfy’s “Z Nation.”
- Guillermo Del Toro Developing A Secret Movie Pitched As “WALL-E Meets SPLASH.”
- Hannibal’s David Slade to Helm American Gods Pilot.
- Terry Gilliam responds perfectly to the news of his own ‘death.’
Events & Event News
- FANTASTIC FICTION at KGB reading series, hosts Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present: Tom Monteleone & Lawrence C. Connolly, Next Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 at the KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.), 7pm.
- George Pal’s sci-fi/fantasy films among movie screenings this week in Los Angeles.
- Awesome Bots – a fast-paced card game where you build up a workshop full of cool robots, trying for the awesomest collection!
- CHROMA – The key to our planet’s survival will unleash a hero more powerful than anything the universe has ever seen.
- MECH DECK – the tactical board game with drafted, customizable, Mechs battling.
- Book Review: Angela and Gerald continue their coverage of Janet Edwards’ “Earth Girl” series with a review of two self-published stories and the trilogy-concluding Earth Flight.
- Movie Review: FSR isn’t complimentary of M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit
- Movie Review: The Visit marred by canned scares, flat humor
- 7 Books that Explore the Dark Side of the Moon.
- 7 Screenwriting Tips From The Writer-Director of New Sci-Fi Thriller “Listening”
- 8 Ways the Military Deals With Magical Powers.
- 10 Ways Robots Will Change All Our Lives Forever.
- 10 Writing “Rules” We Wish More Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors Would Break.
- Five Books About Imaginary Religions.
- How Until Dawn Messes With Two Of Horror’s Most Overused Tropes.
- The Martian Author Andy Weir Brings His Nerd Thriller Into the Mainstream.
- Terry Gilliam apologizes for being dead, which spawned some hilarious twittering.
- Three Real Russian Mysteries Weird Enough to Be Science-Fiction.
- They Said Malaysian Audiences Weren’t Ready For Science Fiction Books.
- What the set of the original Star Trek series was like 49 years ago.
- What We Know So Far About ‘Jessica Jones.’
- When robots start acting like humans you can expect the worst.
- Concept art from Disney Parks new additions: Star Wars, Avatar, and more.
- Hobbes Scarf by Ontario, Canada-based Tessa Dachille.
- The Stained-glass Windows Of Chernobyl.
More Fun Stuff
- Doctor Who Game Maker launched as part of BBC’s Make It Digital. (More)
- Even Lunar Rovers Require a Touch of Personalizing Flare.
- Get A Load of This $28,500 STAR WARS Watch for people with more money than you.
- Read an excerpt from The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson at Tor.com.
- ThinkGeek has released a cute AT-AT Walker and Dewback costume for dogs that will make any costumed Star Wars fan look like both them and their canine are from on a galaxy far, far away on Halloween. The dog costumes available to purchase online.
- Watch a trailer for Netflix’s new superhero series, Jessica Jones.
- Your wife would be absolutely delighted to come home and find this Millennium Falcon Asteroid Field Coffee Table in you living room. Trust us.
- Matchbook Sized Mini-Comics from Silber.