Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Bill Campbell, editor of Stories for Chip.
- Electric Literature interviews Christian TeBordo, author of Toughlahoma.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Cindy Dees, author of The Sleeping King.
- Nerds of a Feather interviews Daniel José Older, author of Half-Resurrection Blues.
- The Qwillery interviews Gerrard Cowan, author of The Machinery.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Austin Grossman, author of Soon I Will Be Invincible.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Maddy Gaiman & Holly Gaiman of the Gaiman Foundation, contributors to the Humble Books Bundle: Neil Gaiman Rarities.
- SFFWorld interviews Lynn Hightower, author of Elaki series.
- BBC Two has optioned China Miéville’s The City & the City and will develop the novel into a four-part series based on the Inspector Tyador Borlú character.
- Christopher Nolan film set for 2017 remains Untitled so that already, we don’t understand what’s happening.
- Netflix set to make new series of Charlie Brooker’s dystopian drama Black Mirror.
- Tom Cruise Looks To Reunite With Doug Liman For Another Sci-Fi Film, Luna Park.
Events & Event News
- Ben Hatke, creator of Zita the Spacegirl, appears at Cosmic Monkey Comics in Portland, OR to present his new book Little Robot. Ben will also be doing a live drawing event along with signing copies of his books. The event will all take place Thursday September 24th from 5:00-7:00pm. RSVP on Facebook.
- Doctor Who‘s 9th season debuts Sept. 19 on BBC America. Around 700 theaters in the U.S. will host broadcasts on September 15 and 16. Buy tickets here.
- Join Midtown Comics Downtown in NYC for a special event as we welcome friend of the store and artist Sean Gordon Murphy for a signing of Chrononauts Vol 1 TP and Tokyo Ghost #1 at Friday, September 18th at 6:30pm! RSVP on Facebook.
- The Kevin Geeks Out show will feature not one but TWO excellent nights of pop culture celebration. KEVIN GEEKS OUT ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE: Thursday September 17th @ 9:30pm Nitehawk Cinema in Williamsburg. KEVIN GEEKS OUT ABOUT WRESTLING: Saturday September 26th @ 8:00pm (doors at 7:30 for a special video pre-show) at The Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers.
- The Maze – fast paced tabletop game for everyone! – The Maze is a game that incorporates creation and fast paced gameplay for the entire family.
- The Turing Test: Man vs. Machine – A deception tabletop game for 3-4 players. Some of you are robots, some are humans. Can you deduce who is who before they kill you?
- Metamorphose Magazine Year Two by T. Davies – A professional magazine of Science Fiction & Fantasy for emerging authors.
- TV Review: Doctor Who Season 9 Premiere (Spoiler-Free.)
- 5 Space Cartoons You Have to Watch, according to The Space News.
- 6 Fantasy Novels that Explore the Economics of Imagined Worlds.
- The 10 Biggest (and Most Avoidable) Movie Fight Mistakes.
- 10 Young Adult Series That Should Be Adapted Into Movies.
- 12 Insane YA Dystopias, Ranked by Bustle.
- Black Nerd Problems declares “No More Diversity Panels, It’s Time To Move On.”
- The bloody funniest horror comedies ever made.
- Dan Koboldt explains Gravity Basics for Sci-fi Authors.
- Five Books About Inconvenient Women, chosen by Zen Cho.
- George Lucas On How He Built His $4 Billion Star Wars Empire
- The Hunger Games May Be Ending, But Our Cravings for Dystopian Films Haven’t.
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Isn’t Your Average YA Movie – Here’s Why!
- More SF/F Books on the Way to Becoming Films.
- MY KINDA SCENE: Zen Cho on the Death of Théoden.
- Neil Gaiman Discusses Uncovering Rarities for Humble Bundle.
- Don’t Worry, Smart Machines Will Take Us With Them assures Nautilus.
- TV shouldn’t require homework: 4 Books to Study Up for Season 9 of Doctor Who.
- Wait, Neil Gaiman wrote a book about Duran Duran? Really?
- What Should Joss Whedon Do Next?
- What to expect from the upcoming Star Wars videogames.
- Why is NASA calling Kepler 452b “Earth 2.0”?
- Why Kushiel’s Dart should make the leap to television.
- You Can’t Understand Business Without These Master Works.
More Fun Stuff
- Children of Men: Don’t Ignore The Background, admonishes Nerdwriter.
- A Free Little TARDIS Library Lands in The UK.
- Isaac Asimov, Harlan Ellison, Gene Wolfe on science fiction, a 1982 discussion.
- Listen to an excerpt from A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge at Macmillan Audio.
- Read an excerpt from Binti by Nnedi Okorafor at Tor.com.
- Read the short story “The Dogs of Athens” by Kendare Blake at Tor.com.
- The Stanley Hotel in Colorado inspired Stephen King’s novel The Shining, a connection the hotel’s operators have used to market the resort for years. But unlike King’s fictional Overlook it never had a hedge maze – until this summer when the owner had one built.
- Watch Wes Craven’s “Inception on Elm Street.”