Author Elizabeth Bear (whose new book co-written with Sarah Monette, AN APPRENTICE TO ELVES, is just out) was surprised to learn she’d be interviewing Author Fran Wilde about UPDRAFT instead of just sitting around talking about food. But she ran with it and Fran’s still alive and what you get is a great conversation, and a whole lot of laughter.
Heartfelt thanks to Kristin Centorcelli, John DeNardo, Paul Weimer and everyone at SFSignal for the linklove, the new set of pans, and the industrial cleanup for the last show. Enjoy your delicious Cooking the Books podcast below!
The ingredients for Cooking the Books podcasts #014 – “Superstitions and Flying Bighorn Sheep” with Fran Wilde and Elizabeth Bear include:
- Many Ass-kicking profiteroles
- 1 Marmot
- 1 Bighorn Sheep, not afraid of heights
- Shrek the sheep
- Viable Paradise Curry – the Secret Recipe for Updraft
- 2 boxes chocolate-covered potato chips
- the as-is section of the Ikea
- More bad puns than you ever thought possible
- the “big sharp teeth” hand gesture