Interviews & Profiles
- A Fantastical Librarian interviews Kameron Hurley, author of Empire Ascendant.
- No Wasted Ink interviews Henry Herz of KidLit Creature Week & Six Degrees of Sauron.
- The Qwillery interviews Max Wirestone.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Linda Nagata, author of The Red: First Light.
- SFFWorld interviews Chrisopher Fowler, author of The Sand Men.
- Smart Girls love SF interviews Sabine Priestley, author of Alien Bond.
- Sword & Laser interviews Catherynne M. Valente, author of Radiance: A Novel.
- Word Horde interviews Silvia Moreno-Garcia, editor of She Walks in Shadows.
- Cixin Liu Wins Xingyun Award.
- High School Student CubeSat Competition Announced at White House Astronomy Night.
- The Octavia E. Butler Legacy Network has issued a Call For Papers. Abstracts Due 11/1/2015 Accepted Papers Due 7/1/2016. Submission guidelines.
Events & Event News
- The University of Huddersfield is Celebrating the Short Story Saturday December 5th.
- Cancel the Ark! – Spaceships racing an unstoppable virus, AI lovers practicing lies, and warships wanting to blow them out of the stars.
- census – a science fiction graphic novel and “voice comic” – essentially a short film in which the book is read aloud to you.
- Flatlander – I’m collaborating with an illustrator, Sam Balling, in an effort to publish a fantasy novel, the first installment of a trilogy.
- The Last Chronomancer – The tale of the cursed brothers; one with the strength to kill and the other, the courage to resist.
- Shade: The Dying World – A new full-color, 360-page graphic novel about a band of voyagers struggling to survive on a planet that orbits a decaying star.
Back to the Future Day Coverage
- 5 Things Back to the Future Didn’t Account for When Predicting Cubs Win.
- 7 hilarious instances of Back to the Future in real world politics.
- 15 things you probably didn’t know about Back to the Future.
- Are we living in Back to the Future? As movie sequel’s key date of October 21st, 2015, finally arrives, we reveal what the cult film got right… and wrong.
- Back to the Future Could Have Had an Awful Title.
- Back to the Future questions you want answered now.
- Back to the Future’s Self-Lacing Nikes Are Finally Real.
- Back to the Future honest trailer celebrates the ups and downs of the trilogy.
- Back to the Future Writer: Biff Tannen Is Based on Donald “I’m starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country” Trump, according to The Daily Beast, Esquire, The Hill, RollingStone, The Wrap.
- Cops create hoverboard unit for “Back to the Future Day.”
- Cubs Fans are Freaking Out Over the Back to the Future Curse.
- Follow Along: It’s Back to the Future Day.
- Future Schlock: Back to the Future II got a lot wrong about the world of 2015—but it got the most important thing very, very right.
- Google ‘leaks’ plans for a time-traveling car on Back to the Future Day.
- Here’s why Back to the Future will last forever.
- Hoverboards and almanacs: A guided tour of ‘Back to the Future’s’ props with Bob Gale.
- How Back to the Future Part II predicted modern fashion.
- How Tech Companies Are Celebrating Back To The Future Day.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Celebrates Back to the Future Day With a Glorious Recap.
- The Science Of Back To The Future: Where’s My Mr. Fusion?
- The strange, fascinating history of the non-cinematic Back to the Future sequels.
- Sure, Back to the Future Was Wrong About Hoverboards, but How about Slang?
- USA TODAY tweaks logo in honor of Back to the Future Day.
- We Have Arrived at Back to the Future Day, But Without Flying Cars.
- YouTube video claims Back to the Future predicted 9/11.
Star Wars Trailer Frenzy Coverage
- 7 pieces of evidence that Star Wars’ Rey and Kylo Ren are actually the Solo twins.
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega’s Reaction Videos are almost as Good as the Trailer.
- Disney is in the air: first we got Star Wars planes.
- Expanding universe! Two new Star Wars: Episode VII characters are identified ahead of December release of The Force Awakens.
- Fans predict The Force Awakens will be the most stellar film of the franchise.
- Five things we’ve learned from the new Star Wars poster.
- Freelance editor and reviewer Mr. Sunday Movies has created a new video where he points out hidden Easter eggs and references from the newly released third official trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens that people may have missed. (Compare it to the original trailer for reference.)
- Here’s a Shot-by-Shot Breakdown of The Force Awakens Trailer.
- The Latest Stars Wars Trailer Drops A Few Plot Line Clues. We Predict The Rest.
- The problems arising from “writers’ rooms” on movie franchises like Star Wars.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer: 8 things we learned.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – six things we learned from the new trailer.
- The Trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Hints at an Apocalyptic War Movie.
- The trailer Prompts Conservative Pundit Bill Kristol to Defend Empire.
- What If The New Star Wars Sucks, Too?
- What We Learned From The Final Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster.
More Fun Stuff
- 11 Mind-Blowing Images in Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History.
- The Cigarette Smoking Man is Back!!
- Enigma: A Steampunk-Themed Cafe Opens in Romania. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Read an excerpt from An Apprentice to Elves by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear.
- These Star Wars figurines head to the Outer Rim … of your glass.
- Zombie-head lollipops let you lick your fear.