Interviews & Profiles
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Steve McEllistrem, author of The Devereaux Decision.
- The Millions interviews Margaret Atwood, author of The Heart Goes Last.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Howard Andrew Jones of Beyond the Pool of Stars.
- The Qwillery blog interviews Max Wirestone, author of the recently released The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss.
- SFFWorld interviews J.L. Doty, author of A Choice of Treasons.
- Atwood Wins Imagination in Service to Society Award
- Ray Kurzweil’s new Prediction: Nanobots Will Plug Our Brains into the Web by the 30s
- Search For Intelligent Aliens Near Bizarre Dimming Star Has Begun
Events & Event News
- The Superheroes in Gotham exhibit at the New-York Historical Society Museum & Library will be open through February 21, 2016.
- LucasFilm Announce Plans for Star Wars Movie Marathons in cities across the country in the run up to Screenings of The Force Awakens
- Mars Transit game by Funspace Circle of Friends & Bo Regard – a simple & challenging interactive strategic space race for 2, 3 or 4 casual/serious players. A real work of art!
- Redshift Season 2 – the award-wanting sci-fi anthology series.
- Time and Time Again – Traveling sideways through time in a war with no name.
- The War of Faith – Book 1 – Apocalyptic Fiction – The end of the world balances on the edge of a blade…And it’s up to the Family to change the course of history.
- Zombie Craze – Play as opposing scientists sending your zombie creations out to attack one another while devouring humans for control of the city.
- TV Review: The Plot Thickens In Doctor Who’s The Girl Who Died
- 10 STAR WARS Movie Mistakes You May Have Missed
- 20 of the Creepiest Haunted Houses, Castles, and Mansions in Literature
- 25 young adult novels heading to the movies
- 50 Brilliant Science Fiction Movies That Everyone Should See At Least Once
- Amelia Smith on Kazuo Ishiguro’s THE BURIED GIANT
- Deconstructing Age of Ultron: Language Transcended … Almost. It’s the second part of the PopMatters examination of the Avengers sequel.
- Everything We Learned About the Star Wars: The Force Awakens from the New Poster
- Feature How do you keep track of everything in the massive Star Wars universe?
- Firefly essays from Smart Pop: Freedom in an Unfree World and Mars Needs Women
- Five Horror Clichés Waiting to Be Broken
- Is The Martian the Most Important Space Movie Ever Made?
- Jupiter Is a Garden of Storms:Why the Great Red Spot refuses to die.
- Lazarus Gate author Mark A. Latham on Roleplaying Games and the Narrative Arts
- Kameron Hurley weighs in on Language and Fictional Cultures
- Kinja wonders Can the Doctor Afford to Be Unlikable?
- Mark Kelly journals about his Jonny Quest rewatch
- SF Won The Culture Wars A Long Time Ago. Isn’t It Time Fandom Started Acting Like It?
- The Unaddressed Issues in YA Dystopian Fiction
- Women You Should Know Show Young Star Wars Fan It’s OK to Be Geeky
More Fun Stuff
- Bradbury’s Halloween Tree Is Back
- The Call of @EldritchSwift
- Forget Humans vs. Machines: It’s a Humans + Machines Future
- If “Batman v Superman” Were Made in 1949
- Infographic: Horror Movie Final Girls Through the Ages
- Read an excerpt from Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson at Gollancz.
- Read an excerpt from The Unseen Kingdom by Daniel R. Mathews at The Writers Life.
- Watch a trailer for Ghost in the Shell