Interviews & Profiles
- Word Horde interviews Silvia Moreno-Garcia.
- Matt Staggs interviews Delilah S. Dawson.
- EW.com interviews Andy Weir about his strange journey from self-publishing to Hollywood. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction interviews Bo Balder.
- The Qwillery interviews Matthew Kressel.
- Redditors interview Max Barry.
- Ever wanted to ask Robert Silverberg a question? Ask your question here!
- Researchers Reanimate Frankenstein to Bring Science to Life.
- The Gollancz Festival Sale.
- Gollancz acquires UK and Commonwealth rights to a literary thriller with an anti-apocalyptic streak, The Fireman by Joe Hill.
- Humble Audiobook Bundle: Goosebumps presented by Scholastic (pay what you want and help charity).
- 50% off Horror titles from Rebellion Publishing.
- A Huge Gash Just Appeared On the Sun.
- November 7 in San Antonio: Fancy Tea and Fantasy Authors with Martha Wells, Stina Leicht, Amanda Downum, Patrice Sarath, and J. M. McDermott.
- 3D Total on Weta Digital & The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.
- Ann Leckie names The 10 Best Science Fiction Books.
- Bibliotropic on Sins of a Sovereignty by Plague Jack.
- Bothell Reporter on Cancer survivor, sci-fi junkie opens used bookstore in downtown Bothell. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- The New York Times (Charles Yu) reviews Science Fiction & Fantasy by Greg Hrbek, David Wong, Michael Moorcock, Ayize Jama-Everett, Amanda Downum, Rachel Vincent, and Nisi Shawl and Bill Campbell. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Daniel Plant on How Sir Terry Pratchett made me a writer.
- Den of Geek on The Top 32 Horror Comedies. [via Bill Crider’s Pop Culture Magazine]
- Engadget on You don’t have to know Borderlands to play Tales from the Borderlands.
- Katherine Harbour on Girls & Dragons.
- LA Times on Bizarre ‘Welcome to Night Vale’ podcast becomes an equally weird, haunted yet humorous novel.
- LA Times on Edward Scissorhands at 25 stands the test of time.
- MD Jackson on The Art of Pellucidar.
- My Bookish Ways on November 2015 Must Reads in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror.
- Neil Gaiman on Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming.
- Suvudu offers Take Five With Drew Karpyshyn.
- The Guardian on Astrid Lindgren Memorial longlist assembles stars of children’s literature. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Victoria Hooper on Genre of the Impossible.
- WSJ on Penguin Conjures Ray Russell’s Hidden Classic, The Case Against Satan. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- The wonderful art of Emily Hare.
- Ships by Ken Fairclough.
- Illustration: Stuff of Nightmares by Lisa Rye.
- I Build Fantasy Worlds From Laser Cut Wood.
More Fun Stuff
- 50 Page Fridays: Naomi Novik.
- Excerpt: Acapulcalypse Now by Alison Littlewood.
- Gollanczfest 2015 Audio Quiz.
- Excerpt: The Far Arena by Richard Ben Sapir.
- Cocktail Hour: The Tooth Fairy (Inspired by Graham Joyce’s novel of the same name).
- 24 Star Wars Costumes.
- The Languages of Star Wars [Infographic].
- Full-Size LEGO Batmobile. [via Jim C. Hines]
- Lookout, Funko Pops! Wonder Woman Rides In A Dorbz Invisible Jet.