Here’s the table of contents for the new issue of Apex Magazine, a monthly science fiction, fantasy, and horror magazine featuring original, mind-bending short fiction from many of the top pros of the field, edited by Sigrid Ellis and Jason Sizemore. Cover art is by Joshua Hutchinson.
They’re doing things a bit differently by rolling out stories weekly, so you’ll want to visit the site often over the next month for more stories.
Issue 77 features the following content:
- “When the Fall is All That’s Left” by Arkady Martine
- “Words from the Editor in Chief” by Jason Sizemore
- “Unreliable Narrators in Kiernan and Chambers” by Lucy A. Snyder (Nonfiction — October 8th)
- “Ten Little Zombies” by Gregg Chamberlain (Poetry — October 9th)
- “Super Duper Fly” by Maurice Broaddus (Short Fiction — October 13th)
- “Apex Author Interview with Maurice Broaddus” by Jason Sizemore (Nonfiction — October 14th)
- “The Underworld” by Laurel Dixon (Poetry — October 15th)
- “All Things to All People” by D.K. Thompson (Short Fiction — October 20th)
- “Apex Author Interview with D.K. Thomspson” by Andrea Johnson (Nonfiction — October 21st
- “The Minotaur” by Zachary Riddle (Poetry — October 22nd)
- “Me and Jasper, Down by the Meth Shack” by Aaron Saylor (Short Fiction — October 27th)
- “Apex Cover Artist Interview with Joshua Hutchinson” by Russell Dickerson (Nonfiction — October 28th)
- “Hello, Wild Things, and Good Luck” by Sarah Holloway (Poetry — October 29th)
- “The Atlas of Hell” by Nathan Ballingrud (Novelette)
- Empire Ascendant by Kameron Hurley (Novel Excerpt)
- The Pickpocket’s Tale by Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart (Novel Excerpt)
- Download Podcast #28 (“When the Fall is All That’s Left” by Arkady Martine)
Cover art by Joshua Hutchinson.
Apex Magazine is free for all to read at http://apex-magazine.com, and also available as a paid subscription on various electronic devices.