October is here, so John E. O. Stevens, Fred Kiesche and Jeff Patterson decide to go west to the magic-infused realm of California for a chat with Greg van Eekhout. Greg educates the Hoarsemen on the importance of tacos, things that are terrible but wonderful but terrible, the discipline of outlining, the pitfalls with the “urban fantasy” label, writing for kids and adults, and why it isn’t cool to eat a wizard in Northern California.
In this month’s culture consumed, Fred went to The Martian, Jeff went to Capclave, and John went to a big-ass book sale.
Run time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
- California Bones by Greg van Eekhout
- Pacific Fire by Greg van Eekhout
- Dragon Coast by Greg van Eekhout
- The Boy at the End of the World by Greg van Eekhout
- Norse Code by Greg van Eekhout
- Kid vs. Squid by Greg van Eekhout
- Tide of Shadows and Other Stories by Aidan Moher
- Cave of Stars by George Zebrowski
- In Midnight’s Silence by T. Frohock
- Wandering Stars Ed. by Jack Dann
- Jews vs. Aliens Ed. by Lavie Tidhar and Rebecca Levene
- Black Summer by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp (Avatar)
- No Hero by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp (Avatar)
- Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar
- From Under Mountains by Claire Gibson, Marian Churchland, and Sloane Leong (Image)
- Fred’s Year in Books (116)
- Fred’s Year in Shorts (726)
- California Bones
- Friends of Tompkins County Public Library Book Sale
- Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughn & Cliff Chiang
© 2015 SF Signal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: email@example.com