Courtesy of the University of North Texas Press, SF Signal has 8 copies of Star Trek Visions of Law and Justice edited by Robert H. Chaires and Bradley Chilton to give away to 8 lucky SF Signal readers!
Here’s more information about the book and how you can win:
Star Trek Visions of Law and Justice weds popular media with academic inquiry, by illustrating the connection between the future world of Star Trek and today’s American and international legal system.
Editors Robert H. Chaires and Bradley Chilton collect fourteen articles exploring issues of the legal system, international law, corrections, justice, and equality. Scholars in law, political science, criminal justice, sociology, education, and public administration provide a truly interdisciplinary perspective on the Star Trek universe and how it relates to the real world of law and justice today.
Star Trek Visions of Law and Justice is for anyone interested in what the future holds for the American justice system and for fans of Star Trek worldwide. It makes an ideal text to teach students interdisciplinary academic concepts using a familiar, popular media phenomenon.
And here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Star Trek“
- In the body of the email, please provide a mailing address so the prize can be sent as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S.
- The giveaway will end Sunday, November 22nd (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The 8 winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.