Interviews & Profiles
- Geek’s Guide interviews William Shunn, author of The Accidental Terrorist.
- The Grim Tidings Podcast interviews Anthony Ryan, author of Raven’s Shadow.
- The Guardian interviews Krysten Ritter and Carrie Anne Moss, stars of Jessica Jones.
- Notes from Coode Street interviews Suzy McKee Charnas and Pamela Sargent, authors of The Vampire Tapestry and The Shore of Women, respectively.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Clay and Susan Griffith, author of The Geomancer.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Emily St. John Mandel, author of Station Eleven.
- Tor.com interviews Louise O’Neill, author of Only Ever Yours.
- BBC would like to get Tom Hanks on Doctor Who.
- Nominations For the 2016 Nebula Awards Are Now Open.
- Steven Moffat Would Do A Star Trek / Doctor Who Crossover “In A Heartbeat.”
- Student invents ion thruster that breaks NASA’s fuel efficiency record
- WTF? The Golden Globes Are Classifying The Martian as a Comedy. Did they even see the movie? CheatSheet explains why The Martian isn’t a comedy.
Events & Event News
- Author Leigh Bardugo will appear at Barnes & Noble in Ellicott City, MD on Tuesday November 17, 2015 at 7:00 PM to sign her new book, Six of Crows.
- Join Stephen Colbert, host of CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, for an evening of conversation and fun with director J.J. Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek, Lost) on Saturday, November 21 at 8:00 PM at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. This event features the pair in a wide-ranging, onstage discussion of their influences, ideas and creative work. See which geek shall inherit the Earth!
- Agent of the Imperium: Marc Miller’s Traveller Novel – a novel showing the grand sweep of the vast empire of the far future.
- The Life Engineered – Can our robot descendants avoid repeating our mistakes?
- The Fierce Are Fading – A 200+ page science-fiction/thriller graphic novel set in modern day, following the mysterious adventures of FBI Agent Riley Harper.
- Centauri Saga – a Sci-fi, 4X, Co-op adventure board game for 1 to 4 players based on the successful browser game “Universe Online.”
- TV Review: Into the Badlands: slavery sci-fi with a kung fu edge unlike anything else.
- 6 Reasons Jurassic World Brutally Killed Its Biggest Hero.
- 8 Reasons Snowpiercer Could Be The Sci-Fi Show You’ve Been Waiting For.
- 10 Comic Books Which Need To Become TV Shows.
- A Consideration of Certain Aspects of Vogon Poetry.
- Discover asks Which Sci-Fi Films Get Cited in Research?
- How Afrofuturism mixes science fiction and social justice.
- Julie E. Czerneda on When Sidekicks Get the Fan Mail.
- Kylo Ren’s Crossguard Lightsaber Explained.
- Linking it all together: Buffy, Cabin In The Woods and Firefly are in the same verse.
- Lovecraft biographer and anthologist S.T. Joshi has lost his cool over the World Fantasy Convention’s decision to remodel their awards.
- Lovecraft’s Legacy of the Other, according to moviepilot.com.
- Mary Robinette Kowal shares some Thoughts on accessibility at conventions. The SFWA Blog has posted this Accessibility Checklist for SFWA Spaces.
- No Pressure: The Making of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Anthology Ecotones
- So You Want To Be A Stormtrooper: It’s The Little Things In Armor.
- This sci-fi enthusiast wants to make “solarpunk” happen.
- Star Trek Logo What should the next Star Trek series be like?
- Why There’s Never Been a Better Time to Be a Sci-Fi & Fantasy Reader.
- Why This Grown-up Reads YA.
- Bounty Hunter Nesting Dolls by Andy Stattmiller.
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game card art.
- “The Twelve Doctors Play DDR” by Johannes VIII.
More Fun Stuff
- First Look at Jeff Nichols’ Sci-Fi Chase Film Midnight Special.
- This life-size BB-8 plush would make a very cuddly addition to any home. You can pre-order it from ThinkGeek now and get it in December.
- Kurt Vonnegut’s Lost NYU Lecture on What It Takes to Be a Writer, Animated.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Reads “Mean Tweets,” Then Patiently/Hilariously Responds.
- Read an excerpt from “Re: re: Microwave in the break room doing weird things to fabric of spacetime” by Charles Yu at Motherboard.
- There’s a Letter from Ray Bradbury written on Fahrenheit 451 stationery currently up for auction on Ebay. In it, he writes, “Never sell ANY book without an agent!! Never.”
- Watch a trailer for 400 Days with Dane Cook and Brandon Routh.
- Watch a trailer for Jongo, A Johannesburg-Set Superhero Show.
- Watch a Mad Scientist Transplant a Brain into a Cyborg in The Colossus Of New York
- Where do billionaires go when the apocalypse comes? If you think they’re camping out and eating rations, you’re sorely mistaken.
- xkcd Tells Us How to Go to Space!