Interviews & Profiles
- Examiner.com interviews Michael Hanson, author of Dark Parchments.
- Midnight in Karachi interviews Francesca Haig, author of The Fire Sermon.
- PASTE interviews Ryan Britt, author of Luke Skywalker Can’t Read.
- Suvudu interviews Michael R. Fletcher, author of Beyond Redemption.
- Australian Start-up Experiments On Immortality With Technology Allows Transfer of Human Consciousness Into a Machine.
- Google has come up with a prototype for a communicator badge like on Star Trek: The Next Generation because they’re a bunch of nerds.
- Robots Are Learning How to Say ‘No’ to Humans (NPR Coverage) Is that a good thing? Business Insider’s Nathan McAlone thinks so in “Thank God someone is now teaching robots to disobey human orders.”
- Scientists Witness Super Massive Black Hole Consuming Star in a Nearby Galaxy.
Events & Event News
- Actor Doug Jones (Hellboy’s Abe Sapien) will appear at Dark Delicacies in Burbank, CA on Saturday December 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM to sign THE ART OF CRIMSON PEAK.
- Local author and Star Wars parodist Paul Erickson will appear at Defiant Comics in Forest Park, IL on Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:00 PM to celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and sign copies of Jar Jar Wars. RSVP on Facebook.
- Cthulhu the Conqueror: A Graphic Novel – Betrayed and imprisoned by the gods he protected, Cthulhu has awoken and escaped. He’s seeking answers… in blood.
- Forty Days – Dr. Nerana Jackson awakens to find herself stranded on a ghost ship, drifting in orbit near an alien star. Now, she must piece together what happened to the crew and why before time runs out – or she may join them.
- Heliosphere: A sci-fi comic – A conceptual biopunk comic about a girl named Maya. See her adapt to many drastic changes after being trapped in the future.
- The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare – When the world’s only hope is a band of unconventional misfits, you better start praying for a miracle. A Steampunk SciFi Thriller.
- Book Review: Pictures With a Thousand Words: Thing Explainer by Randall Munroe.
- TV Review: The Expanse Is a Shining Example of How to Bring a Book to TV.
- TV Review: Observation Deck explains why The Expanse Is Kind of Great.
- 6 Reasons You Need to Read Saga Right Now.
- The 13 Best Episodes of the Whedonverse.
- 25 Morally Complicated YA Novels That Show How Complex Young Adult Lit Really Is.
- Conflation of Review and Critique, or How to Annoy Me by Natalie Luhrs.
- December Releases in Urban Fantasy and Horror.
- Getting to “The End.” Standalone Fantasy Books That Came Out in 2015.
- The Ghost of Hayden Christensen: Why Anakin MUST Appear in Episode VII.
- How Jessica Jones Bodes Well for Marvel’s Spider-Man Movie.
- Industrial Scripts on Writing Science Fiction.
- Marvel Should Aim for a Dark Future: Marvel’s small screen heroes are leading its big screen do-gooders into the future. If they’ll listen.
- Nigerian SFF writer Wole Talabi shares links to his favourite 10 short stories of 2015.
- Ranking the Writing Debuts of the Capaldi Era of Doctor Who.
- The Revenge of the Pagans: Ovid as prophet of the posthuman.
- Russia and Europe Want a Moon Colony—Why Is NASA So Focused on Mars?
- Secrets of Star Wars and the End of Everything.
- The The Straits Times asks Why is Einstein famous?
- Suzanne Collins wrote a letter to all The Hunger Games fans, as the final movie debuts.
- Where the Hills Are Fog and the Rivers Are Mist: The October Country turns sixty.
- Why Scientists Need To Fail Better: Failing Better Could Advance Science.
- Will technological unemployment lead to human disenhancement?
- 15+ Cosmic Tattoo Ideas For Astronomy Lovers.
- Chewbacca Comic Variant Cover by Skottie Young.
- Darth Vader Duct Tape Art by DuctTapeDesigns.
- Twin Peaks Tarot Symbolism. (Via)
More Fun Stuff
- This Amazing Mod Makes Star Wars: Battlefront Look Like Real Life.
- BBC Radio 4 Extra has posted Ray Bradbury’s Tales of the Bizarre, “Strange and chilling tales from the master of thrillers.”
- Chewbacca Coke can comes with unintentional sound effect.
- Learn to Code with Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Minecraft.
- New The Force Awakens Feature Teases Out Rey’s Background.
- Star Wars fans compete in Wookiee calling contest.
- Watch a time-lapse video of a Lego Tardis built using 100,000 bricks.
- Worried about being spoiled for Star Wars: The Force Awakens? There’s a Chrome extension for that. Check out the Star Trek spoiler-blocker!