Interviews & Profiles
- Creative Writting Career interviews Jason Denzel, author of Mystic.
- Den of Geek interviews Frank Spotnitz of High Castle.
- Grim Tidings interviews Michael R. Underwood, author of The Shootout Solution.
- NPR interviews David Mitchell, author of Slade House.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Rick Yancey, author of The Infinite Sea.
- The Qwillery interviews Danie Ware, author of Ecko Endgame.
- S & L interviews Mallory O’Meara, screenwriter of Yamasong: March of the Hallows.
- SFFWorld interviews Lauren Beukes, Tobias S. Buckell and Ken Liu of Ecotones.
- SmokeLong Quarterly interviews Mary Rickert, author of You Have Never Been Here.
- Tor interviews Susan Dennard, author of Truthwitch.
- VanityFair interviews George Lucas who Explains Why He’s Done Directing Star Wars.
- Felicia Day in talks to join the cast of a revived “Mystery Science Theater 3000”.
- Goodreads Choice 2015 Finalists have been announced.
- NASA Wants to Make a C-3PO to Help Colonize Mars.
- Scientists wowed after their first images of a live birth. Of a planet.
- Star Wars is causing a great disturbance in the toy aisles.
Events & Event News
- Fantasy Literature has launched its “Second annual Speculative Fiction Haiku Contest.”
- Endure the Stars – An epic 1-5 player Sci-Fi co-op fight for survival, set amongst the ruins of the N.W.E. Hikari spaceship, with over 50 miniatures.
- Indoctrination: A Basic Zombie Survival Guide – A short book that discusses ideas behind how a zombie virus might take form from common diseases and viruses present.
- Rise – Four strangers must unite to save their world, shattered in the pursuit of lost love, from ultimate destruction at a usurper’s attempt to build a utopia free of death and war.
- The Zombie Nativity – Put it out at Halloween, leave it out until Christmas. Our undead nativity includes Zombie Baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Angel & Donkey.
- Book Review: The Man in the High Castle is a Tense Look at a Dark Timeline.
- TV Review: CNN calls Jessica Jones “A superhero show for adults.”
- Accountability for Acts of War in the Hunger Games.
- An Alternate History Primer: The Man in the High Castle.
- Artificial Intelligence is Already Here — Artificial Consciousness is What Eludes Us.
- Attack of the Clones Is a Star Wars Wish-Fulfillment Checklist Gone Horribly Wrong.
- The Case Against the Star Wars Expanded Universe.
- Five Books That Give Women Their Apocalyptic Due.
- GamesRadar picks the 25 most kick-ass TV heroines.
- Have SciFi Ideas? The New Journal of Science Fiction Wants To Hear Them.
- How Michael Dorn hopes to keep his Worf series alive despite a new Trek TV show.
- The Hunger Games: How the dystopian film series changed the movie business.
- It’s a Freaking Miracle That We Got a Man in the High Castle TV Show.
- Looking Back At Hollywood’s Recent Dystopias And Post-Apocalyptic Futures.
- Now is the Perfect Time for a New Star Trek Series.
- The Revolution Will Be Illustrated: Two SF Graphic Novels Whose Politics Are Most Relevant Than Ever. It’s an accepted truth that science fiction is only ostensibly about the future—futuristic trappings aside, it’s actually about our…
- Sarah Avery delves into some reasons for the success of multi-volume fantasy in The Series Series: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves? I Can Explain!
- “The Space Doctor’s Big Idea” is an article in which XKCD’s Randall Munroe explains Einstein’s Theory of Relativity with a series of delightful illustration.
- Star Wars and Marvel Thrive in an Endless Feedback Loop.
- Syfy is De-Rebranding and It’s Fascinating.
- Three Ways a Starkiller in the New Star Wars Could Work 6 hours.
- Ursula K. Le Guin’s “The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas” is Beautiful in Map Form.
- Vector Illustrations Of All The Lightsabers In Star Wars.
More Fun Stuff
- Create your own Millennium Falcon with this build-it-yourself model kit!
- “The Good of the One” is a Spock tribute by Melodysheep of Symphony of Science.
- Harrison Ford Surprises Star Wars Fans Via Webcam.
- It Had to Happen…Mr. Potato Head Becomes “Frylo Ren” for Star Wars.
- Listen to Ray Bradbury’s Classic Sci-Fi Story Fahrenheit 451 as a Radio Drama.
- Photo of The Stormtrooper Dressing Room From Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Read an excerpt from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir at Tor.com.
- Someone’s used maths to work out the Doctor’s real name.
- STAR WARS Rebel Alliance Logo Mistaken For Terrorist Symbol On News.
- “Super Science Friends” is like the Justice League, only with a team of famous scientists like Darwin, Tesla, Curie and Einstein and the ability to time travel.