Interviews & Profiles
- The Book Plank interviews Patrick S. Tomlinson, author of The Ark.
- Doctor Who’s Peter Capaldi On Why The Long-Running Show Is A Success.
- The Guardian interviews David Tennant, villain of Marvel’s Jessica Jones.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Tamora Pierce, author of Wild Magic.
- Sci-fi fantasy Network interviews Stan Nicholls, author of Orcs: Tales of Maras-Dantia.
- Sci-Fi Talk has a roundtable discussion with Daniel Wu, Emily Beechum, Aramis Knight, fight director Stephen Fung, Martin Csonkas, and Orla Brady of Into the Badlands.
- American fans get cinema screening for Who Christmas Special.
- Leading Harvard physicist thinks dark matter killed the dinosaurs.
- Snowpiercer TV Series in Development from Avatar Sequel Writer.(More)
- Wendig’s Blackbirds no longer flying at Starz.
Events & Event News
- Star Wars exhibition reveals the stories behind the series’ costumes.
- Star Wars: Singapore airport brings galaxy far, far away to fans.
- Lost Generation – Explore a society where machines replace most workers.
- OCCULT GENERATION – A hardboiled sci-fi graphic novel series – The story is set in 1920s NYC featuring the paranormal, queer culture & a secret society in Harlem committed to ending oppression.
- Shadoweyes: Volume One – Sophie Campbell‘s webcomic about a shapeshifting crimefighter in the futuristic city of Dranac returns to print in FULL COLOR!
- A Tale of Shadows: Cause & Effect – A fantasy comic. Technology has arrived to the town of Wavefront, dividing the population between the spiritual and scientific.
- Book Review: The Qwillery reviews Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews.
- TV Review: Syfy’s The Expanse Explores a Complicated Future on Far-Flung Worlds.
- 7 Real Issues The Hunger Games Explores, From Celebrity Fame To Child Soldiers.
- 7 technologies turning science fiction into fact.
- 12 Thoughts on That Jessica Jones Trailer.
- AMC Should Just Become the Graphic Novel Network snarks Complex.
- The Atlantic asks What Sci-Fi Gadget Would Be Most Valuable?
- December 2015 Must Reads in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror.
- Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Jones.
- Has Amazon revealed Finn’s father in a merchandise listing?
- Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones: Why Jessica Jones will (probably) be better than Daredevil.
- Michael R. Underwood, author of The Shootout Solution: The Genrenauts Episode 1, on Inspiration and Citing Your Sources in a guest post at My Bookish Ways.
- Nadia Bauman looks at what exactly it is that makes Fiona Staples and Brian K. Vaughan’s Saga so popular: “Saga gives a promise of freedom to be whoever we want and make our own choices without fear of being judged or punished.”
- “Political Correctness” Won’t Ruin H.P. Lovecraft’s Legacy: Removing the author’s image from the World Fantasy Award trophy signals that the genre is able to be inclusive.
- SciFi on Trial: The Phantom Menace on Trial. (Part 1)
- Star Wars: The Psychology of Heroes and Villains.
- Timothy Sandefur considers The Politics of Star Trek.
- Why is science fiction so obsessed with Mars?
- Why Peeta is The Hunger Games‘ real hero.
- Why the Twelfth Doctor shares the same face as Torchwood’s John Frobisher.
- “501st Legion: Vader’s Fist VS Space Cockroaches” by Guillem H. Pongiluppi.
- “Adventure Wars” A The Force Awakens / Adventure Time Mash-Up by Mike Vasquez.
- The Force Awakens: Star Wars fan builds 23ft Death Star decoration over his house.
More Fun Stuff
- Download War Stories From The Future, A Fantastic Military Science Fiction Anthology.
- Hunger Games in numbers: Lawrence’s salary, Tribute deaths, and film budget.
- Jedi Knight and Sith Lord Engage in a Lightsaber Duel in an epic match at the 2015 World Fencing Championships in Moscow. (Youtube)
- The Martian: Ares 3 Mission Guide.