Interviews & Profiles
- Notes from Coode Street interviews Suzy McKee Charnas and Pamela Sargent.
- Mur Lafferty interviews Adam Christopher.
- The Future And You interviews James Maxey.
- On Cloud Eight-and-a-Half interviews Bryan Thomas Schmidt.
- StarShipSofa interviews Dr. Jonathan McDowell.
- Tor.com interviews Patrick S. Tomlinson.
- Twisted Tales interviews M. John Harrison.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Christopher Golden.
- Joe R. Lansdale to be honored with prestigious Raymond Chandler Award. [via Bill Crider]
- Zak Sally Announces Plans To Do A Philip K. Dick Biography In Book-Length Comics Form. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Paul Cornell announces Chalk, an autobiographical horror novel. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Claude Lalumière announces Venera Dreams to be published by Guernica Editions.
- Closest Earth-size Alien Planet Found, May Be a Venus twin.
Events & Event News
- As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Kathe Koja & Robert Levy Wednesday November 18th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- Scott Edelman shares 14 readings from the 2015 World Fantasy Convention by Carrie Cuinn, Kelly Robson, Gwenda Bond, Amelia Beamer, Michael Dirda, Alyx Dellamonica, Fran Wilde, Howard Waldrop, Scott Edelman, Tom Monteleone, Jeffrey Ford, K.M. Szpara, Ellen Klages, and Amal El-Mohtar.
- Audrey Taylor on “Active Time” in the Works of Patricia A. McKillip.
- Book Riot on YA Novelizations of Comic Characters.
- Brian Ruckley on Song of the Sea: Ireland’s Answer to Studio Ghibli.
- Damien Walter on There is only one choice for the new World Fantasy Award.
- David Kilman on 1941 Retro Hugo Eligible Novellas.
- Ed Grabianowski on Cthulhu Apocalypse and the Terrifying Tradition of Horror Role-Playing Games.
- Gregory Benford on Escorting The Odd.
- Kirkus Reviews (me!) Speculative Fiction Books to Read Now, Ahead of Their Film and TV Adaptations.
- Lesley Conner on The Rich World of SciFi Art.
- Michael A. Burstein offers a Short Fiction Appreciation.
- Neatorama lists Fifteen Fun Facts About Time Bandits.
- Nerds of a Feather roundtable discussion on Deryni Rising by Katherine Kurtz (1970).
- Patrick S. Tomlinson on Intro to Genre.
- Paul Di Filippo reviews I Am Crying All Inside and Other Stories: The Complete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak, Vol. 1 by Clifford D. Simak.
- Steve Carper on The Women of Gnome Press.
- Tansy Rayner Roberts on SF Women of the 20th CenturyL Naoko Takeuchi & Sailor Moon.
- The Atlantic asks Why Are There So Many Catholics in Science Fiction?
- Tony Peak on Finding Inspiration in Alien Artifacts.
- Whatever on The Big Idea: William Shunn.
- The Science Fiction Art Isaac Hannaford.
- Illustrations from Walt McDougall’s Good Stories for Children, 1902-05.
- ‘Rise Of The Tomb Raider: Lara’s Journey’ by Tara McPherson.
- Deathwing by Wei Feng.
- Singed – League of Legends, SIXMOREVODKA STUDIO.
- “Meteora Cover” by Arseniy Chebynkin. [via Geek Art Gallery]
More Fun Stuff
- Watch the first 2 minutes of Terminator: Genisys.
- StarShipSofa #410 with fiction by Paul Levinson.
- Space junk: What happens when it crashes back to Earth? (pictures).
- Book Discussion: An Ancient Peace by Tanya Huff.
- Dear Veronica: Self-promotion advice with John Scalzi.
- Now posted: The New York Review of Science Fiction # 326 (October 2015).
- Edward Willett’s talk at NaNoWriMo at the Saskatchewan Writers Guild. (Requires Livestream account)
- Little Darth Vader Plays ‘The Imperial March’ on His Cello.
- Little Orphan Anakin – “The Binary Suns Wil Come Out Tomorrow”.
- Photographer Creates Realistic Star Wars Scenes in Lego.