The Gods of H.P. Lovecraft is coming and it has a hell of an author lineup (and all new stories!!) I wanted to share the table of contents with you and get it on your radar. Each author gets a god, and there is commentary on each deity by Donald Tyson. It will be out December 1st from JournalStone.
About the book:
The Gods of H.P. Lovecraft: a brand new anthology that collects the twelve principal deities of the Lovecraftian Mythos and sets them loose within its pages. Featuring the biggest names in horror and dark fantasy, including many NY Times bestsellers, full of original fiction and artwork, and individual commentary on each of the deities by Donald Tyson. About the book: Lovecraft’s bestiary of gods has had a major influence on the horror scene from the time these sacred names were first evoked. Cthulhu, Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth-this pantheon of the horrific calls to mind the very worst of cosmic nightmares and the very darkest signs of human nature.
Table of contents:
- “Call the Name” by Adam LG Nevill (Cthulhu)
- “The Dark Gates” by Martha Wells (Yog-Sothoth)
- “We Smoke the Northern Lights” by Laird Barron (Azathoth)
- “Petohtalrayn” by Bentley Little (Nyarlathotep)
- “The Doors that Never Close and the Doors that Are Always Open” by David Liss (Shub-Niggurath)
- “The Apotheosis of a Rodeo Clown” by Brett J. Talley (Tsathoggua)
- “Rattled” by Douglas Wynne (Yig)
- “In Their Presence” by Christopher Golden & James A. Moore (The Mi-Go)
- “Dream a Little Dream of Me” by Jonathan Maberry (Nightgaunts)
- “In the Mad Mountains” by Joe R. Lansdale (Elder Things)
- “A Dying of the Light” by Rachel Caine (Great Race of Yith)
- “Down, Deep Down, Below the Waves” by Seanan McGuire (The Deep Ones)