John recounts his attending the World Fantasy Convention, and tells of the booty he procured. Fred lists his culture consumed. Jeff thinks aloud of the many factors that both influenced and tainted his recent readings.
Subjects discussed include the personalities of book merchants and buyers, how the physical layout of a con impacts its enjoyment, the pitfalls of retro trade-dress, comic book adolescents, The optimal length of Sherlock Holmes stories, and some observations about dealers rooms.
Running time 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Twelve Tomorrows edited by Bruce Sterling
- Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume I by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Percolated Stars by Rhys Hughes
- Eastern Standard Tribe by Cory Doctorow
- Mothership Zeta edited by Mur Lafferty
- Collision of Realitied edited by Lars Schmeink and Astrid Boger
- The Goddamned by Jason Aaron and R. M. Guera (Vertigo)
- Wayward Omnibus 01 by Jim Zubkavich, Steven Cummings, Tamra Bonvillain, John Rauch
- Aliens/Vampirella by Corinna Bechko and Javier Garcia-Miranda
- Fred’s 2015: The Year in Books–136!
- Fred’s 2015: The Year in Shorts–762!
- Collision of Realities on Google Books
- Philosophy Now
- Swords of Sorrow by Gail Simone
- Unfollow by Rob Williams and Michael Dowling
- Last Sons of America by Philip Kennedy Johnson and Matthew Dow Smith
© 2015 SF Signal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org