Apex Publications is running their annual subscription drive for Apex Magazine.
Press release follows…
APEX PUBLICATIONS ANNOUNCES APEX MAGAZINE 2015 SUBSCRIPTION DRIVE
Apex Publications is happy to announce a subscription drive for our science fiction, fantasy, and horror zine. Each month we release a new issue of Apex Magazine stuffed full with original fiction, poetry, nonfiction, reprints, and more! Most of the content can be read for FREE on the Apex Magazine website, but producing an amazing publication month after month that features both seasoned pros and new writers does cost money.
We want to offer our content on our website – and will continue to do – so that everyone can experience the soul of Ursula Vernon’s “Pocosin”, the haunting beauty of Damien Angelica Walter’s “Not My Monkeys, Not My Circus: The Elephant’s Tale”, the devastation of Rachel Swirsky’s “If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love”, and the heart-pumping action of Rich Larson’s “Going Endo” but subscriptions and individual issue sales pay our authors and artists.
That’s why for the next two weeks (November 2nd through November 13th), we’re hosting a subscription drive to boost the number of subscribers to Apex Magazine. 2016 is quickly approaching and we want to make it another outstanding year! Reaching our subscription drive goals will help ensure this happens!
Our goal for the 2015 Apex Magazine Subscription Drive is $5,000.
Completely doable, but not without the support of our readers and fans. To help us reach this goal, we have set up rewards which will make the January, 2016 issue of Apex Magazine off-the-charts fabulous!
The current ToC for Issue 80 includes brand new stories from Ursula Vernon, Lettie Prell, and Jennifer Hyke, poetry by Samson Stormcrow Hayes, Zebulon Huset, Anton Rose, and Greg Leunig, and a nonfiction article by Lucy A. Snyder. The cover art is by Matt Davis.
As we reach goals in our subscription drive we will add to the following to the ToC:
- $500 – A 5th piece of original poetry
- $1,000 – A new short story by Chikodili Emelumadu!
- $2,000 – Interview with Chikodili Emelumadu
- $2,500 – A 6th piece of original poetry
- $3,000 – Interview with Ursula Vernon
- $4,000 – A second reprint exclusive to the Apex Magazine eBook/subscriber edition
- $5,000 – A new novelette by Ursula Vernon, set in the same universe as her Nebula award winning story “Jackalope Wives”!
- $6,500 – Stretch Goal! We will open to short fiction submissions on December 1st, 2015, rather than January 1st, 2016.
Wow! That is a lot and it is all amazing! Help us publish the most epic issue of Apex Magazine to date and make 2016 the best year yet!
- Subscribe! Yearly subscriptions through Apex are only $17.95 from now until November 13th. You can also subscribe through Weightless Books. Monthly subscriptions are available through Amazon (US) and Amazon (UK).
- Share the love of Apex by purchasing a gift subscription for the scifi lover in your life.
- Become a patron on Patreon. Pledge as little or as much as you want for each issue.
- Chip in one time to the Apex Magazine Tip Jar to help push us toward our goals!
APEX PUBLICATIONS is a small press dedicated to publishing exemplary works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Owned and operated by Jason B. Sizemore, Apex publishes the thrice Hugo Award-nominated Apex Magazine. The Apex catalog contains books by genre luminaries such as Damien Angelica Walters, Catherynne M. Valente, and Brian Keene.