Interviews & Profiles
- The Boskone Blog interviews Robert J Sawyer, author of Quantum Night, and Cerece Rennie Murphy, author of Order of the Seers.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Adam Millard, author of The Last Plague.
- Grim Tidings Podcast interviews Edward M. Erdelac of With Sword and Pistol.
- Electric Literature interviews Catherynne M. Valente, author of Radiance.
- Fantasy Faction interviews Peter McLean, author of Drake (The Burned Man).
- A Fantastical Librarian interviews J.M. Frey, author of The Untold Tale.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Danie Ware, author of Ecko Endgame.
- The Qwillery interviews F. Wesley Schneider, author of Bloodbound.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Brian K. Vaughan & Marcos Martin, co-creators of THE PRIVATE EYE and BARRIER from PanelSyndicate.com.
- Sleeps With Monsters interviews S.L. Huang, author of Zero Sum Game.
- “Improving” Humans with Customized Genes Sparks Debate Among Scientists: Researchers at a gene editing summit grapple with the future of genetic enhancement.
- The International Animated Film Society, ASIFA-Hollywood, announced the nominees for its 43rd Annual Annie Awards on December 1.
- Masters Review Fall Fiction Contest Winners.
- Science Fiction Dominates IMDB’s List of Top 10 Movies and TV Shows for 2015.
Events & Event News
- Locus hosts a Steampunk Tea Party Fundraiser with Gail Carriger, Dec 5th, 10am – noon, at Borderlands Books in San Francisco.
- New York Review of SF Readings host Ellen Kushner and Delia Sherman, December 8th.
- Ghosts of War – Ghosts of War is a planet hopping tale of revenge and retribution. Full of action and adventure, twists and turns, it’s like a summer blockbuster in a book.
- Rockets – A young girl searches for a long-lost family secret in a world that has lost its capacity for wonder.
- Transreal Cyberpunk – Nine wild, weird and wondrous stories written together by cyberpunk masters Rudy Rucker and Bruce Sterling over thirty years.
- Browser to Book: The Wartune Novel – The young prince, once had everything – a life people envied, doting parents, a caring master, and a bright future that only come with being the son of King Ferrero. Those times have been forgotten, swept away by tragedy and war. A war driven and dictated by the whims of one man.
- Book Review: Your Brother’s Blood Gives New Life To The Undead.
- 7 Unjustly Overlooked 2015 SF/F Books chosen by Barnes and Noble: What with bookstore choice paralysis and the background noise of marketing hype, it’s inevitable that many wonderful novels are overlooked each year.
- The 10 best Star Wars board games, as chosen by GamesRadar.
- 16 ways Star Wars could have been VERY different.
- The best recent science fiction and horror — review roundup: Eric Brown on Adam Nevill, Ann Leckie, Dave Hutchinson, David Barnett, William Gay.
- The Bioethics of Star Wars Spoilers
- Crafting an Ending That Sings by Susan Dennard.
- December’s Must-Read Speculative Fiction Books.
- Everyone Loves Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Because Han Solo is the Hero.
- Gary K. Wolfe’s Gift guide at the Chicago Tribune: Satisfying the sci-fi, fantasy fan.
- Health of Hard Science Fiction in 2015 (Short Fiction) – Greg Hullender of Rocket Stack Rank looks at whether this years stories support claims of doom for Hard SF.
- Introducing the 12 Days of Robot Christmas.
- Is Microsoft co-opting sci-fi’s techno-optimism vs skepticism debate?
- It’s a Trap: Emperor Palpatine’s Poison Pill by Zachary Feinstein: “In this paper we study the financial repercussions of the destruction of two fully armed and operational moon-sized battle stations (“Death Stars”) in a 4-year period and the dissolution of the galactic government in Star Wars.”
- J.J. Abrams Has a Great Message for Everyone in appealing to Young Girls.
- Nancy Hightower’s Best science fiction and fantasy books of 2015.
- Space Radiation Is Quietly Stopping Us From Sending Humans to Mars: In order to create a colony, we need to be able to survive a long trip through space.
- Star Trek Voyager: an episode roadmap.
- Tobias Buckell offers his answer to “How do I know when to trunk my story or novel?”
- Why Has Hollywood Suddenly Decided Scientists Are Good Looking? As analytical characters step into heroic roles, the Bunsen burner set heats up.
- Why There Will Never Be Another Einstein: No modern scientist comes close to Einstein’s moral as well as scientific stature.
- These AT-AT and Voltron Cakes are coming to lay siege to your diet!
- Star Wars Landscapes by Wales-based Rich Davies.
- Time to deck the halls with DIY Star Wars Snowflakes.
More Fun Stuff
- Ansible 341, December 2015 has been released.
- Awesome STAR WARS-Themed Alamo Drafthouse Theater.
- The entire Star Wars saga summed up in 3 minutes.
- Every single Star Wars vehicle from the original trilogy, sized.
- The force of flavor is strong with Star Wars ice cream.
- Harrison Ford Demos His Star Wars Injury Using a Han Solo Doll.
- Our melting, shifting, liquid world: celebrities read poems on climate change.
- Listen to an excerpt from The Builders by Daniel Polansky at Tor.com.
- Jar Jar Binks Sith Theory EXPLAINED!
- Read an excerpt of The Medusa Chronicles! by Stephen Baxter and Alastair Reynolds.
- Read an excerpt of The Phantom in the Maze by Michael Swanwick at Tor.com.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens behind-the-scenes images.
- Stormtrooper Longboard Race GONE BAD!
- The X-Files – New Art and Eerie Teaser!