Interviews & Profiles
- The Coode Street Podcast interviews Gene Wolfe, author of A Borrowed Man.
- Crave Online talks to Brian Michael Bendis about working with Joss Whedon.
- Electric Literature interviews Brandon Caro, author of Old Silk Road.
- Examiner.com interviews Ken Lizzi, author of Under Strange Suns.
- Fantastical Librarian talks to Margrét Helgadóttir and Jo Thomas of African Monsters.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for James Rollins, author of THE BONE LABYRINTH.
- ScifiFantasyNetwork interviews Anna Thayer, author of The Broken Blade.
- Chinese cloning company says they won’t clone people… for now.
- Hello, is this planet Earth? Astronaut makes history’s best prank call.
- Star Wars fans and video game geeks ‘more likely to be narcissists,’ study finds.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens On Track To Top $1 Billion In Ticket Sales.
- Watch Wired’s Top Five Science Stories of 2015.
- The writer of first Star Trek episode, George Clayton Johnson Lost His Battle With Cancer On Tuesday. More coverage at Variety.
Events & Event News
- Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) appears at Mysterious Galaxy Books in San Diego, CA on Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 2:00 PM to sign The Last Dream Keeper.
- Emerald City ComiCon announces MELISSA BENOIST and CHYLER LEIGH, the stars of SUPERGIRL, will be guests at Emerald City ComiCon on Saturday April 9th and Sunday April 10th! RSVP on Facebook.
- Cyber Descent issue Premier – Cyber Descent Issue # 5 Six weeks after the attempted kidnapping of Governor Maxwell Tanaka Cyberman continues his studies of Humans.
- HONCHO: Volume One – Fifteen years after World War III, Captain Stanley returns to America on a mission to reunite a fractured nation…and play baseball?
- Rockets – A young girl searches for a long-lost family secret in a world that has lost its capacity for wonder.
- 13 Actors You Didn’t Realize Were in the Star Wars Movies.
- 13 things I learned from The Force Awakens.
- The Atlantic on The Nostalgia Debate Around The Force Awakens.
- The Best Moments In African Sci-Fi 2015, according to Okayafrica.
- Cli-Fi Is All the Rage notices Truthdig.
- Critics are going too easy on Star Wars: The Force Awakens argues Vox.
- Doctor Who: 10 Things You May Not Know About “The Husbands of River Song.”
- The Expanse And The Physics Of Stealth In Space.
- Guillermo del Toro picks his “Top 10 Movies” with a lot of ties.
- In an Age of Extremism, Are Skinwalkers Metaphors for Terrorists? Are the narratives of The 5th Wave and Between The City and The Needle reacting to the current, extreme political climate? And if so, what does this do to our interpretation of Twilight?
- May the FARCE be with you: Yes, we love it… but fans are asking if this is the most ludicrous Star Wars of all time?
- Mogsy’s Favorite Covers of 2015.
- One movie manager recounts his Force Awakens opening weekend experience.
- Ranking the 10 Greatest Doctor Who Villains.
- A retelling of Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope as a medieval Irish epic.
- The Revenant and The Martian Have a Survival-Off.
- Star Wars awakens new wave of film tourism as its fans seek out locations.
- Watch Star Wars In The Best Order To Avoid Spoilers suggests Forbes
- When Good Science Fiction Fans Go Bad.
- “Writing: It Takes the Fun Out of Everything,” by Russell James, author of Q Island.
- Yes, Virginia, There Is a Spider-Man: An Editorial by J. Jonah Jameson.
- “BB-8 Christmas” by StarSoulArt.
- The Force Awakens Poster Set by Kaz Oomori.
- The Geek Art Gallery has a gallery of Christmas ornaments, including Cthupids Ornaments, Handmade Lovecraftian Ornaments, Solar System Ornaments. Also check out their collection of Paper Snowflakes including Legend Of Zelda Snowflakes, Nobel Physicist Snowflakes, and Star Wars Snowflakes.
- “The Gift” by MattDixon.
- “I Can Fly Anything” by DarthFar.
More Fun Stuff
- Dude records his (Star Wars Virgin) girlfriend trying to explain the plot of Star Wars after a couple glasses of wine. The results are highly entertaining.
- Emo Kylo Ren is a fantastic Star Wars Parody Twitter Account.
- Inside the ‘top secret’ Lego factory in Denmark where they make the Death Star toy that has become a Christmas best-seller after the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Man Who Spoiled New Star Wars Movie Beaten In Theater (Parody or urban legend?)
- NASA calculated the amount of money it would cost to send a Christmas card to Mars.
- That’s No Moon: The Models and Miniatures of the Original Star Wars Trilogy.
- These Bill Nye Reaction GIFs Are Exactly What Your Forum Posts Needed!