Interviews & Profiles
- Examiner.com interviews Melanie St Pierre, star of Garm Wars: The Last Druid.
- Inverse interviews Jane Johnson, publisher of Tolkien and George R.R. Martin.
- The New York Times profiles Margaret Atwood.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Kevin Laymon, author of Future Winds.
- SFFWorld interviews Joseph Wallace, author of Slavemakers.
- Speculate! interviews Daniel Polansky, author of The Builders and editor Justin Landon.
- Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat denies he has made show more misogynist: Showrunner says he does not understand why sci-fi show is singled out after study revealed speaking time of female characters has declined.
- Man in Darth Vader Costume Attempts Robbery Before Clerk Strikes Back.
- NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope sheds light on “alien megastructure” star. Not, as previously thought, a new Starbucks location.
- Steven Moffat Reveals Why Eccleston Was Missing From The Anniversary Special.
Events & Event News
- Greg Smith, co-author of the new series “Junior Braves of the Apocalypse,” will appear at Gabi’s Olympic Cards & Comics in Lacey, WA on Saturday, December 12, 2015 for a signing from noon to 3:00 PM! RSVP on Facebook.
- Writer/creator Trevor Mueller, Artist/creator Gabriel “GABO” Bautista, and guest artists Ali Cantarella, Ashley Erickson, and Kevin Harrell appear at Defiant Comics in Forest Park, IL on Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM to sign volume 2 of their webcomic ALBERT THE ALIEN! RSVP on Facebook.
- Cosmic Mugs: Art that Lets You Taste the Universe Everyday – a series of handmade pottery mugs with abstract glazes inspired by images from NASA’s Hubble Telescope.
- Ranked – Everyone is ranked. The ones with the lowest rank get executed.
- Tides of Dagon – Humanity battles to delay the next Extinction Level Event in this thrilling fusion of Lovecraftian horror and technological science-fiction.
- Time Fiddler: Volume 1 – Time Travel, Feels, and More! – Time Travel, Modern Day, Alice in Wonderland meets Jurassic Park, Girls Love, Cats, and 1880’s Americana.
- TV Review: RollingStone calls Man in the High Castle “Mindblowing.”
- 2015’s Coolest Star Wars Moment Has Nothing To Do With “The Force Awakens.”
- The 7 Best Philip K. Dick Stories That Haven’t Been Turned Into Movies.
- The 11 Funniest Science Fiction Books.
- 10 Things We Learned From Colbert-Abrams Star Wars Talk.
- These 15 sci-fi books actually predicted the future.
- Carrie Fisher Accepts She Is Princess Leia.
- Even With $100 Million Weekends, Women Can’t Win in Showbiz.
- The future is now: Sci-fi films in real locations.
- The Geek Art Gallery has been curating all the best Jessica Jones articles from around the web for the past two weeks. If you still haven’t seen the series, whet your appetite with some outstanding reviews. If you have seen the series, check out the in-depth analysis of the series and its cultural significance.
- The Hollywood Reporter explains How a 99-Cent Novel Spawned The Martian.
- How “cli-fi” novels humanise the science of climate change: The paradox is that the harder climate-fiction novels try, the less effective they are.
- If George Orwell Were A Twitter Bot: With crowd-sourced future predictions, dystopian scenarios become more realistic.
- Is the Doctor really the hybrid? The Time Lord is supposedly half-human, after all…
- Jonathan Strahan on Meeting Infinity at Notes from Coode Street.
- Making Sense of the “Chaos on the Bridge” of Gene Roddenberry’s USS Enterprise.
- The Northeast Valley News argues that Authors are wrong to take offense at fanfiction.
- Soma, Spice and Substance D: A History of Drugs in Science Fiction.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who “Heaven Sent” from Bleeding Cool.
- What the New Star Trek Show Needs in Order to Triumph.
- Astronomy Posters to Inspire Kids.
- Creatures by Andrew Serkin.
- “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Posters by Ladislas Chachignot.
More Fun Stuff
- COVER REVEAL: WHO KILLED SHERLOCK HOLMES?
- “Distant Planet Terrified It Might Be Able To Someday Support Human Life.”
- How General Electric Created The Hit Science-Fiction Podcast “The Message.”
- This heartwarming fan letter to The Doctor was found hidden in a Beatles book.
- Watch a trailer for The Magicians.