Interviews & Profiles
- The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy interviews John Kessel and Laura Miller about Philip K. Dick’s The Man in the High Castle.
- The Boskone Blog interviews Robert J. Sawyer & Cerece Rennie Murphy. [via File 770]
- Andrew Liptak interviews Jeff Vandermeer.
- SFFWorld interviews J.M. Frey.
- An excellent video interview with Carrie Fisher.
- Yaszek joins Campbell Award jury as Shippey and Di Filippo retire.
- Jail Term in Turkey Hinges on Answer to the question: Is Gollum Good or Evil? [via Andrew Porter]
Events & Event News
- As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Sarah McCarry (About A Girl) & C.S.E. Cooney (Bone Swans: Stories) Wednesday December 16th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- A.C. Wise on Favorite Short Fiction of the Year 2015.
- Adventures Fantastic on Brackett and Bradbury: “Lorelei of the Red Mist”.
- Alastair Reynolds reviews on the July 2015 issue of Asimov’s.
- Atlas Obscura on A Short History of Martians. [via Bill Crider’s Pop Culture Magazine]
- Damien Walter on Wookie books: the science fiction that inspired George Lucas’s Star Wars.
- David Bring asks: Are Sci Fi Flicks Getting Better?.
- Eric Berger on That one time I played in the Star Wars card game world championship.
- Gail Carriger’s Books Picks for December’s Read Along.
- Jeff Somers on The Coolest Airships in Sci-Fi and Fantasy.
- Kelly Jensen and Kimberly Francisco on favorite reads of 2015.
- Little Miss Scare-All says Horror shouldn’t be judged by how scary it is.
- Marty Halpern on Editing in Process: Central Station by Lavie Tidhar.
- Metro on Flash Gordon is 35 years old and it’s STILL better than Star Wars.
- Mythcreants on Five Uses of Real Science in The Expanse.
- Nerdist on APOCALYPSE WARS Crossover Will Bring Marvel’s X-MEN Back Together in 2016.
- Patrick Maynard on Kull and the Quest for Identity.
- Rue Morgue on Why is LOVECRAFT still relevant? Seven experts weigh in.
- Sam Reader on 6 Historical Fantasy Novels That Don’t Skimp on the Details.
- Sonia Halbach on Serving History or the Story: Writing Historical Fantasy.
- The Amazon Book Review on The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of December.
- The Guardian lists of The best novels of 2015 includes titles by Kazuo Ishiguro’s The Buried Giant and Tom McCarthy’s Satin Island.
- The Wertzone on A History of Epic Fantasy – Part 31 and Part 32.
- Wired on The 23 Best Sci-Fi Books and Movies to Give to a Noob.
- Monarch Dragon – the awesome art of Android Jones. [via Cliff Pickover’s RealityCarnival]
- “Do you want an umbrella?” by Rives Alexis.
- Holy Warrior, Ariel Perez.
- Hollowed, Mark Facey.
- Concept ship by Encho Enchev.
- Hydra, Mazert Young.
- Flame Advance, Dmitry Desyatov.
- Sandstorm, Dan Franke.
- Rise of The Horde Sarnuk bloodsoul , KD Stanton.
- Lava Castle, Dan Franke.
- A Kind Soul, Esben Lash Rasmussen.
More Fun Stuff
- Star Wars: The Epic Battles Poster.
- NASA releases the highest resolution images ever taken of Pluto.
- 100 Rare Behind-the-scenes Photos From Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Take 10 Minutes to Play This Beautiful Hand-Painted Game.
- Star Wars planetary drinking glasses.
- Make DUNE-Inspired Sandworm Bread for Your Holiday Table.
- BBC News goes inside UK’s ‘biggest’ Star Wars convention.
- BB-8, Fully Kinetic Ring Jewelry. [via Daily Dot]
- 30 Vintage Dune Coloring Pages for Nihilistic Children. [via Paul Di Filippo]