Here’s the table of contents for the new issue of Apex Magazine, a monthly science fiction, fantasy, and horror magazine featuring original, mind-bending short fiction from many of the top pros of the field, edited by Sigrid Ellis and Jason Sizemore. Cover art is by Irek Konior.
Issue 79 features the following content:
- “She Gave Her Heart, He Took Her Marrow” by Sam Fleming (Short Fiction)
- “Words from the Editor in Chief” by Jason Sizemore
- Interview with Author Sam Fleming by Andrea Johnson (Feature Interview — December 2nd)
- “Grotesque” by J.J. Hunter (Poetry — December 3rd)
- “Aishiteru Means I Love You” by Troy Tang (December 8th, Short Fiction)
- Interview with Author Troy Tang by Jason Sizemore (December 9th)
- “Myrrh, and the Sun” by Lara Ek (December 10th, Poetry)
- “The Phylactery” by Nick Mamatas (December 15th, Short Fiction)
- “Shiny Boots and Corinthians: Writing Historical Fiction without Cliches” by Jennie Goloboy (December 16th, Nonfiction)
- “A Letter to Santa” by Melanie Rees (December 17th, Christmas Invasion Flash Fiction Winner)
- “Memory Tree” by Jess Rausch (December 22nd, Short Fiction)
- “Christmas is Coming” by Gina L. Grandi (December 23rd, Christmas Invasion Flash Fiction Winner)
- “Reconstituted” by Marla Jane Ward (December 24th, Christmas Invasion Flash Fiction Winner)
- “Nemesis” by Laird Barron (December 29th, Short Fiction)
- Interview with Artist Irek Konior by Russell Dickerson (December 30th)
- Download Podcast #30 (“SHe Gave Her Heart, He Took Her Marrow” by Sam Fleming)
Cover art by Irek Konior.
Apex Magazine is free for all to read at http://apex-magazine.com, and also available as a paid subscription on various electronic devices.