Interviews & Profiles
- Crave interviews Andy Weir, author of The Martian.
- The Functional Nerds interviews Lauren Panepinto, Creative Director for Orbit Books.
- Inverse interviews John Scalzi, author of Asking the Prophet.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Leena Krohn, author of “Gorgonoids.”
- My Bookish Ways interviews Megan E. O’Keefe, author of Steal the Sky.
- The Qwillery interviews Emily Foster, author of The Drowning Eyes.
- Suvudu interviews Tobias Buckell, author of Xenowealth: A Collection.
- George Miller Says He Will Never Make Another Mad Max Movie.
- John Boyega Says Episode VIII Is Much Darker So to Know the Plot, We Just Have to Figure Out What’s Darker Than Straight-Up Murder
Events & Event News
- BRANDON EASTON, writer of television’s AGENT CARTER will appear at The Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach, CA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 from 1:00 to 3:00 and then sitting down with Mike for a bonus COMIC CREATOR MEETING from 3:00 to 4:30. The Q&A is open to the public. RSVP on Facebook.
- New Adler Planetarium series explores science fiction vs. fact.
- Report of the 2015 Festival of Fantastic Films.
- Writer Gregg Hurwitz, author of Orphan X, will appears at Murder By The Book in Houston, TX on Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 6:30 PM!
- Genesis Virus, Year 1. – Post-Apoc RPG, with the fate of humanity in your hands. Aliens, undead, and your fellow man all attempting claim what’s left of earth.
- LAURA. A slice-of-life Graphic Novel. – LAURA is the last book I did as a complete creator before I started working as artist for DC Comics. I want to release it in English.
- Fireside Fiction needs your help to survive! They’re $3,000 away from their goal!
- TV Review: The Chicago Tribune calls The X-Files “A joyless, missed opportunity.”
- TV Review: MTV’s The Shannara Chronicles is a Modern Take on an Old Classic.
- TV Review: Yes, The First New X-Files Episode Is Bad But You Shouldn’t Give up Hope
- 8 Refreshingly New Ideas In Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- 9 Star Wars: The Force Awakens fun facts you didn’t see in the movie.
- The 10 Funniest Scenes in the Star Wars Movies chosen by ScreenRant.
- 10 Upcoming Blockbusters That Could Easily Bomb With Critics.
- 21 Geeky Shows You Should Binge Watch in 2016.
- 40 Science Fiction and Fantasy Books That Will Rock Your World In 2016.
- 2015 Was the Best Year Ever in Space The romance is back, argues a NASA adviser and best-selling science-fiction author David Brin.
- Adventures in Reading offers this 2016 Hugo Awards Longlist Recommendations.
- Any Movie Studio Can Make Its Own Star Wars Movie Right Now.
- The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of January.
- Black Mirror Is One Of The Most Important Shows Of Our Time.
- The Deep Space of Digital Reading: Why we shouldn’t worry about leaving print behind.
- Discovering David Bowie Through Movies.
- The glorious return of The X-Files, TV’s greatest science show.
- How the Internet changed the way we read.
- The next step for games? Simulate the entire world
- Jessica Jones vs. Sansa Stark: Why We Should Talk About Rape Culture in Entertainment.
- Ray Kurzweil on Giving Future AI the Right to Vote.
- The rise of the robots in 2015.
- ScreenRant looks ahead to the 11 Most Anticipated Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shows of 2016.
- Space Opera Millennials and Their Grand Narratives – Giant Bomb.
- Technology has Changed the Modern Library says the Good E Reader.
- The Video Game That Changed How I Saw David Bowie.
- Why 3D Printing Will Be a Key Technology in the Next Space Race.
- Why Characters Play Their Parts: Human Identity in Storytelling.
- Why Finding Gravitational Waves Would Be Such a Big Deal.
- Women don’t talk much in Star Wars.
- “The Intrepid Molly McGuinness in Where is Dead Zero” is a steampunk comic.
- Japanese Army Creates Star Wars Sculpture For Snow Festival.
- The Out-of-Print BLADE RUNNER Sketchbook Is Amazing.
- Star Wars Drawings by Marcello Barenghi.
More Fun Stuff
- Bill Nye Explains How Evolution Gave Us the Golden Rule.
- Chewbacca John, a father who dresses up as the Star Wars Wookiee on the weekends, recently posted a funny Vine video of Chewbacca doing laundry.
- Clearly, the single biggest issue with Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been pinpointed.
- Gordon’s Alive! The Untold Story Of Flash Gordon.
- Infographic: The top 10 asteroid close approaches.
- How to make the Millenium Falcon in Origami.
- Read an excerpt from Mark Millar and Stuart Immonen’s EMPRESS # 1 at The Nerdist.
- Star Wars Infographic compilation from Imgurians, including Stormtrooper Helmets.
- Things Get Silly in this MR. ROBOT Gag Reel.
- Watch a trailer for The CW’s The 100.
- Watch a trailer for The Witch.