Interviews & Profiles
- Interview with Lawrence M. Schoen, Author of Barsk: The Elephants’ Graveyard
- Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu and the 2000AD Thrillcast
- The Monster Scifi Show Podcast
- My Bookish Ways interviews David Tallerman, author of Patchwerk.
- C.S.E. Cooney’s 2015 novella “The Bone Swans of Amandale” from her debut short story collection Bone Swans is free to read online.
- Stephen King’s short story competition: our nightmarish finalists.
- Unlikely Story is open for submissions for it’s April Fool’s mini-issue theme of Unlikely Observances.
Events & Event News
- You can help nominate artists in both Hugo artists categories with the help of Rocket Stack Rank. You can see links to many artist and their artwork on their Hugo Pro Artists or Hugo Fan Artists pages.
- Buy Your Boskone 53 Membership & Join the Fun!
- Jeff Noon Interview to be STREAMED LIVE and at a new BIGGER venue.
- H. P. Lovecraft and His Influence – A Good Year Thus Far.- [via Paul Di Filippo]
- 10 Things to Say When Someone Is Surprised You Read Comics.
- Forget Schrödinger’s Cat: The Latest Quantum Puzzle Is About Three Pigeons in Two Holes.
- YALSA Top Ten Graphic Novels For Teens.
- The trouble with writing trilogies.
- “The Best Work I’ve Done In Comics” Mike Mignola’s The Amazing Screw-On Head And Other Curious Objects.
- The Answer to the Fermi Paradox? –“Extraterrestrial Life Likely to Become Extinct Quickly.”
- Why You Should Read 50 Books This Year (And How To Do It.)
- Best comic with science fiction themes for 2016.
- Forgotten Book: The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet by Eleanor Cameron (1954.)
- How Do You Like Your Science Fiction? Ten Authors Weigh In On ‘Hard’ vs. ‘Soft’ SF.
- Amazing Science Fiction Stories, March 1960: A Retro-Review.
- F&SF, January 1976.
TV & Movies
- Syfy’s The Magicians Faithfully Translates a Beloved Book Series to TV.
- The Return of The X-Files: Surprisingly Perfect for a New Century of Paranoia.
- The Best Character from every Friday the 13th.
- James Cameron Made the End to X-Men: Days of Future Past as Happy as Possible.
- Shadowhunters‘ Only Reasonable Character is Magnus the Snazzy Warlock – I could only take about 10 minutes of this crapfest.
- In the Keanu Trailer, Key and Peele Risk it All for a Tiny, Adorable Kitten – This. Looks. Awesome!
- Talking X-Men:Apocalypse Secrets on the Set with Bryan Singer.
- Beyond Time: Karl Urban Discusses Time Gap Between Star Trek Beyond And Into Darkness.
- How The X-Men Franchise Connects and can Reboot Infinitely.
- Top 10 2016 Movies I Want Now.
- A Sequel To Terminator Genisys Is Likely Dead In The Water, But That’s Okay.
- People Spent A Ton Of Money On Star Wars Toys In 2015 – Who’d have thunk it?
- For Our Consideration: The second X-Files movie is much better than its reputation suggests.
- Movie Review: The 5th Wave is just another post-apocalyptic killer-teen soap opera.
- TV Review: Dark Net shines a dim light on high-tech fears.
- The 100 Review: Season 3 Dives Deeper Into the Show’s Mythology and Characters – Does anyone watch this show?
- How X-men: Days Of Future Past Means 2000’s X-Men Is No Longer Canon.
- Why I’m anxious about the next two Star Wars movies.
- The 25 Most Underrated Film Scores of the 1990s.
- Bryan Singer Compares X-Men: Apocalypse to Game of Thrones.
- Rosario Dawson’s Claire Temple Will Play an Important Part in Marvel & Netflix’s Luke Cage.
- Posters: Star Wars Schematic – These are pretty cool looking.
More Fun Stuff
- Wizard Online is the first ever Virtual Reality RPG with an open-world, where you are in the game with your body. Hand gestures are recognized for in-game actions.
- Geektastic Judge Dredd and Princess Belle Wedding Cake Topper.
- Reaping the Rewards: ‘Epic PvP: Fantasy’ – Review of a Kickstarter game.
- Upcoming Death Metal Album Pays Tribute to Phantasm.
- An Amazing Acoustic Version of the Ewok Celebration Song ‘Yub Nub’ from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi – No, it’s just RotJ. Now get off my lawn!
- Inked Wednesday #72 – Hufflepuff, The Force Awakens Luke Skywalker, and More.
- Game Review: The Deadly Tower Of Monsters has all the manic glee of a B-movie marathon – And I just bought this on Steam…
- Bringing Imperial order to the wretched hive of scum and villainy. – via LEGOs!
- The functional plausibility of Kwi-Chang’s heavy robots.
- Video games move out of the living room and into theme parks.
- Evochron Legacy Blasts Off Into Sandbox Space – and just made it onto my Steam wishlist. Too many games…